Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we all love Miki and know that she's playing some strong tennis. Grass is a mighty surface for her, when confident, and her big game seems more poised than ever to produce results.

From RICOH to Wimbledon, let's hope this lovely lady can bring the magic and the moxie.

Best of luck, Mirjana! You're a champion forever and you keep proving that excellent things can be done on the court ...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Well she has been a ton more consistent this year, which is saying a lot. Grass *should* be a really great time of the season for her. It would be great if she had some serious results and was able to boost that ranking well into the top 50

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
Mirjana is due for a good grass court season. She really hasn't had a really good one since 2013.

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
Ok, Bouchard went down in flames

Now, Bertens needs to withdraw so Miki can play LL and (Q) in first two rounds

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Interesting game from Mertens, very effective on grass. Bouchard was really bad, though.

Mirjana will surely play R1 on Wednesday since Bertens will only tomorrow confirm if she will actually play.

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
Interesting game from Mertens, very effective on grass. Bouchard was really bad, though.

Mirjana will surely play R1 on Wednesday since Bertens will only tomorrow confirm if she will actually play.
Yeah, that sucks Miki has to wait around while "Queen" Bertens calls the shots. Of course, being the home player and just making the French SF, the tournament will, naturally, bend over backwards for her.

·
Registered
844 Posts

I'm sure she doesn't want to be playing since competing in the mud last week must have been tremendously exhausting. Even grass goat Pironkova withdrew from Nottingham after going deep in Paris. If they do play I think it will be winnable for Miki.

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
It'll be LL Krunic tomorrow. First up on court 6. Miki should beat Aleks on this surface, but I'm so nervous now that the draw is open

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Yes... :scared:

But Krunic was in much better form and that was on clay.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Draw is very open, even to go all the way. But Mirjana tends to f*** up when draw is open so..
Krunic is out of form, but she has been able to get to known Miki lately and she is the type of player Mirjana has struggled against in past.
Also, Aleks is just as unstable as Miki. She owned Kvitova at US Open few years ago and made it to week 2. This year she lost on clay to Sevastova 06 06 and then beat her next week 63 62(and Makarova 62 62).

With all that said, Mirjana is now favorite to make it to SF from that quarter.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm a little nervous myself, now. Difficult not to be, when things open up for her.

One match at a time.

Play her big game. Serve smart. Go for her combination putaways. Percentages as much as possible. Don't overthink it.

Use the grass as her friend.

Good luck, Miss Miki.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The big worry about Krunic is due more to the fact that she's a lucky loser.

Lucky losers are always dangerous because they tend to play with ZERO pressure and no nerves, swinging freely because they didn't expect to be playing at all, and it's just SO MUCH FUN to be resurrected from the dead, so to speak.

Miki is nobody's fool, so she'll know to be on her tip-toes, but she's going to have to be clean and very strong.

Beyond that, it appears she dodged Bertens to possibly play Mertens, who presumably GOATed Eugenie Bouchard into a state of sheer embarrassment.

Miki's draws. Even when they're "good" they are fraught with drama.

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
The big worry about Krunic is due more to the fact that she's a lucky loser.

Lucky losers are always dangerous because they tend to play with ZERO pressure and no nerves, swinging freely because they didn't expect to be playing at all, and it's just SO MUCH FUN to be resurrected from the dead, so to speak.
She also plays a junky, unorthodox style that Miki doesn't love. It's a tricky R1 for sure.

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
I am expecting her to at least reach SF here, anything less is not acceptable :lol:

Good luck Miki :bounce:

1 - 20 of 163 Posts