1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
145 Posts
I feel extremely sorry for Lucic. But I believe if she just holds on, she can definitely come back. See how Alex Steveson struggles for almost 2 years and finally emegeres by the end of last year.
Lucic just needs more tourments.
Come on girl !!

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is really a sad tennis day. Mirjana and Karina (2 of my favourites) keep on falling deeper and deeper. I really wish for both of them this over soon. They are to talented and to young to end like this. A depressing tennis day.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Poor Mirjana!!! She's been really through a rough time now. I feel very sorry for her! :sad:

Just give it your best shot and you will be back to the top! Keep working hard! :):bounce:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Its gotta be tough as the article stated two years ago she was close to get into a Grand Slam final and now she's losing in USTA Challangers in the first round.

Has she lost some weight, the last time I saw her she had difficultly in running.

But good luck to her hopefully she can continue to work hard and get some self-belief.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
I'm so gutted for her. I was sure she would win this match. Even Andrea said the only thing she could do was try and get the ball back and hope Mirjana missed. Hopefully Miki will keep going but I'm not sure how many disappointments she's gonna fight through.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Of course I feel bad for her, but in a sense the fact that she cried on court at least shows that she still cares about tennis which I was kinda doubting.

·
Registered
32,316 Posts
Oh no! I was shocked when I saw that score, and now I feel even worse. Can anyone on the board get in contact with Mirjana? She needs to know that she still has a lot of fans.

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
Just incredibly sad, most people in the game should have a soft spot for Mirjana after what she's been through in her life. :sad:

I just hope she can turn things around, because she still has the talent to get her game back to the level of Wimbledon 99.

Good luck Mirjana, keep working hard and hopefully you'll get your rewards.

·
Premium Member
21,360 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad: I feel terrible for her. I hope she can turn things around soon.

Reading this article also opens your eyes to the lifestyles of the lowly ranked challenger players. Many of them fight so hard for every ranking point (and I mean 'point' literally) that it is a shame one of them has to lose. That other girl is obviously a tour battler, I hope everything works out for her aswell...but if tennis doesnt work out, then law school it is, and that aint too bad ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
oh my god... I'm almost weeping for Mirjana here. If anyone deserves some - any - success now, it's her. That girl had so much going for her, and I know she still does. You can't lose that kind of talent. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts