Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well she was briefly when they both turned professional!

I used to do reports for the Mirjana Lucic website on all her tournaments and I thought this would make everyone laugh from the write-up of her Bol tournament, Mirjana's first event which she played unranked through qualifying, beat a Top 10 player (Coetzer) and won:

"For those of you with a malicious streak, Mirjana's major junior rival Amelie Mauresmo fell in the second round of qualifying at Bol and was left struggling for a position in the world's Top 100."
:lol: :bounce: :lol:

Oh dear, how things change! I remember though, because Mauresmo and Lucic were such big rivals in juniors that I kept an eye on Amelie's career at the beginning, and Mauresmo was so slow at getting her professional career going compared to Lucic. Tortoise and hare syndrome I guess!

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Lucic has become a distant memory.....

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,790 Posts
yeah shame Mirjana disappeared :sad:

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Mirjana - what a sad, sad waste of talent :(

I hope her life has gotten straightened out at least.

·
Registered
32,337 Posts
:crying2: i want mikica :sad:

anyone know if she's going to be playing that one event she always play this year?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Forgotten Lucic was that old.

The 1998 Lucic could have been out there doing what Mary did last year - same power and faster feet......

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I hope she is happy in her life. Tennis seems to be very low on her list of priorities and it is such a shame, you don't beat Seles, and stretch Graf to three sets at Wimbledon without having a lot of potential. Such a shame.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Unless somehow Mirjana is able to do a Capriati-like comeback in a few years, she will probably go down as THE most talented teenage player never to make it as a tennis professional.

I mean it's just an absolute shame. We should be having dozens of threads about her successes and misses.

I always believe it's never too late. So many players have proven this. But in Lucic's case, I just don't know.

·
Rest In Peace, Elena
19,144 Posts
How old is Mirjana Lucic? I never knew her and never seen her play before!

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
WAS :lol:

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
hotduncz_!8 said:
How old is Mirjana Lucic? I never knew her and never seen her play before!
duno still young early 20's???

i remember that match vs graf

she stood right in take the returns early and nearly caused major upset!

wish she would come back!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts