16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are all loking towards 2015..
What do you think she will play..

I think:
Premier Brisbane(probably MD)
Premier Sydney (Q-draw)
Australian Open

after that maybe Fed Cup in Budapest(because of Olympics). If so, she should play then:
Premier Antwerpen (indoors)
Premier 5 Dubai (defending last year points from Doha)
Doha?
Indian Wells
Miami

That would be a lot of play at the start of the year, but she had a lot of rest now, no?

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
can't believe we still have to wait 7 weeks for start of 2015. The season is actually starting a week later than last season.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mirjana not in MD for any WTA tournament in week 1.
I guess she's an alt in Brisbane, by my calculations 1st or 2nd.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was right. 2nd alt.
Only possible top 20 WC is Makarova so Miki's actually 1st alt and if somebody pulls out or Makarova doesn't ask for WC-she's in MD

·
Registered
17,281 Posts
I am not sure it's such a good idea for her to enter all big tournaments, especially for Australian season.
She never did well downunder, wish she would try NZ tournaments instead, for higher chance of winning, due to weaker fields.

But she's obviously keen to challenge top players :yeah:

·
Registered
17,281 Posts
And hopefully she will also play double and find a good partner

Good luck for 2015 Miki :bounce:
You have a great opportunity to enter Top 50 or even Top 30, don't waste the chance

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brisbane surface is one of the fastest on tour.
But yes, I think Mirjana doesn't like it much down under. Since they changed the surface ball bounces a lot higher and I think Mirjana finds it hard to deal with topspin on that surface.
Remeber she lost 64 62 to Cirstea at Australian Open 2011, In 2012 lost to Larriere in 2 sets in Q, in 2013 lost in 2 to Safarova, and last year won only 3 games against Lisicki.

Hope that can change.

It would be good if she could win few matches in Brisbane and Melbourne. Then she should do better in Belgium and Dubai(I guess she'll play that tournaments).

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I don't see why she can't play better this time. She's so tall top spin shouldn't bother her too much. Against Lisicki her movement looked bad. I think she is just a slow starter. She needs matches to get in the groove and when you haven't had any in a few months it's tough to get grooved. She needs good draws.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope Miki plays in Sydney (so I can see her play) However, I think she should play Auckland then Hobart. Weaker fields, MD opportunity and match play. Hope she starts off in Australia in good form. Can't wait to see her play!

·
Registered
17,281 Posts
just hoping she will get at least a win under her belt before the AO MD.

And having a good draw in AO is very crucial too

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, whens she starts it will be her 2nd match in 4 months. Really hope she has a good start.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I think we can't expect much in her first tournament if she gets a tough draw. Hopefully she gets good draws in her two warm up tournaments and gets at least three or four matches in before the Aust. Open.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's one strong list. In most Internationals she would be seeded, here she's last in MD.
A bit surprised, expected to see her in Sydney Q-draw.
This means she'll travel a lot by plane in start of the year. From USA to Brisbane(Queensland) than to Hobart(Tasmania) and then Melbourne(Victoria).

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
That's one strong list. In most Internationals she would be seeded, here she's last in MD.
A bit surprised, expected to see her in Sydney Q-draw.
This means she'll travel a lot by plane in start of the year. From USA to Brisbane(Queensland) than to Hobart(Tasmania) and then Melbourne(Victoria).
It's normal that Australian Open warm ups have loaded entry lists. It looks like she will get into two warm up main draws. Let's just hope she gets relatively good draws in both. Theoretically she could draw top seeds in both as she is at very low end of acceptance lists. It would be bad if she lost two first rounds and had little preparation for Australian Open. Don't think overplaying would be good either but I think she needs more than two matches to adequately prepare.

It's some travel within the Austrlalian/New Zealand region but better than if she flew to China, then Australia.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
It's not really an issue, but only becomes a slight issue if she has deep runs in both draws, which of course is a good issue to have. All the players have a long trip to Australia.

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not really an issue, but only becomes a slight issue if she has deep runs in both draws, which of course is a good issue to have. All the players have a long trip to Australia.
And even if she makes it deep in Brisbane she doesn't have to play Hobart.
Only thing I would suggest is not to enter doubles in Hobart.

Any news on possible partner for 2015?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think we'll see her play freer at the start of the year since she doesn't have to defend her big points until September. She can focus on her game and not worry about any drastic drop in the rankings.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I think we'll see her play freer at the start of the year since she doesn't have to defend her big points until September. She can focus on her game and not worry about any drastic drop in the rankings.
I hope you're right. If she plays relaxed she could do serious damage.:cool:

1 - 20 of 583 Posts