Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's now in the top 100, and after watching Conchi just beat her in R1 of Wimby, i've been impressed with her game ever since. She qualified for the US and won a round there, a good doubles player, and can play on every surface. :D

Anyone else been impressed with her - i think if she works hard - top 30 is within her reach. :)

· Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol:

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
she's so lightweight its unbelievable

her winning the Pan-An Games has given her a major boost. She'll be chuffed to bits if she can hang on in top 100 for a little while.
cos its pretty tough.

· Registered
10,492 Posts
she's teh kinda player who will loose early in most events, but will have the odd great run, beat a few top 75 girls to keep her up the ranks.

She lost to Jane O'Donoghue and Julie Pullin in grass court events this summer, then almost beat Conchita. That says it all, great one minute, piece of shit the next.

· Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
paul_masterton said:
she's teh kinda player who will loose early in most events, but will have the odd great run, beat a few top 75 girls to keep her up the ranks.

She lost to Jane O'Donoghue and Julie Pullin in grass court events this summer, then almost beat Conchita. That says it all, great one minute, piece of shit the next.
Give her a break, she is been on the pros since 1999 and has played only 3 grand slams in her carreer.
Last year she was playing mostly challenger events, now she has qualified for some main draws, and even won some matches too and that is a sign of improvement.
She is relatively young, at 22 and is a great competitor. I hope she does well. Top 30 material is just too soon, but who knows. Vento was rounding outside the 150 rank in the world and just one great week at Standford made her jump to 80.

WIsh the best for the Venezuelan girls :kiss:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.