Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She deserves a thread. :)

She's 24 years old and about to enter the top 100 for the first time in her career. :)

I saw her playing in Moscow and I liked her. She's pretty cool. :cool:

And a funny fact: she will most likely be in Australian Open MD, which is remarkable as she has lost in the first quali round in her last 9 slams. :eek:

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
i am a fan of her also and indeed, she deserves her own thread :)

hopefully she'll enter the top 100 soon!!!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Yeah I watched her aswell, I think against Svetlana. I loved the way she played. :D

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Despite losing in the 2nd round of Poitiers, Michaela will enter the top 100 for the first time in her career. :D As no. 100. ;)

Congrats!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
yay great Michaela!! :yippee: :dance: Congrats!! :woohoo:

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,644 Posts
Thank you godomionique for inviting me in this thread.. i really love Michaela, i saw her in hasselt (against birnerova in 3rd qualies, in the end of her first double match, and against garbin in the firste round).. i also had the opportunity to talk to her a littl and even to make a picture with her... she really is great... i hope she'll go on her super form of these last months in 2005!!

so go michaela!!!!

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
:yippee: Michaela's got her own thread.
I saw her play against Kuznetsova in Moscow and really liked the way she played.
Let's hope she a can have a great 2005 :)

·
45,644 Posts
Michaela's next Tournaments :

Michaella won't play either bergamo or valasska mezirici next week, so we won't see her before january.

On the first week of the year, she should play Gold Coast Qualies(III), as she received a feed up after a win in Prague Pruhonice, then she'll be playing in Canberra qualies (IV) where she should be seeded #3 and really could make a good week. After that, she'll go to Melbourne for the first Grand Slam of the year, Michaela will be in the main draw. Michaela had played in Melbourne only once in 2001.

Last year, Mchaela didn't play any tournaments in january, so she won't have any points to defend and will probably keep on climbing up the rankings :bounce:

Good luck Miky!!!

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michaela with a pretty good start in 2005:

Lost in the first round of Canberra BUT reached the doubles final with G. Navratilova (close loss in 3 sets).

And now at AO:
Pastikova def. Kremer 6-4 6-4 :D

Keep going! :)

·
45,644 Posts
she beats conchita, and very esaliy 6-1, 6-0... it's gonna be a hard workfor Michaela, but she's got nothing to lose.. so now, le'ts just all wait and hope :)

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I'm hoping Michaela does better at Wimbledon, after all she got that great net dash / volley instict. :D

·
45,644 Posts
~Kirilenko#1fan~ said:
I'm hoping Michaela does better at Wimbledon, after all she got that great net dash / volley instict. :D
she's nout out yet
:D (or maybe just a little ;) )

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pastikova/Navratilova def. Ashley/Granville 6-4 6-7 6-3 :D

They could have had it easier (were serving for the 2nd set) but anyway nice result. :)

Now Michaela can really play without pressure against Lindsay, even if she loses she's still in the tournament. ;)

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Michaela took the first set 6-2 against Lindsay :D :)
Now 2-3 down with a break :( but still doing great :)

I expect this thread to be much busier from now on ;)

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok as we all now Michaela lost 6-2 2-6 2-6 :( but good effort. :)
Unfortunately I didn't see a singles points of it. :(

Currently Michaela and Gabriela are playing their 2nd round doubles match against Hopkins/Washington.
They are leading 2-6 6-4 2-0 so it looks pretty good right now. :D

·
26,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They defeated Lee/Peng 6-2 4-6 6-1 to advance to the QF :woohoo:
And it doesn't have to be the end of the road. Now against Russell/Santangelo.

Good luck !!!!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts