Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a WTA Tour website, but I want to know what everyone else thinks is going on with Michael Chang. I know he's been struggling the last few years, but wouldn't you think that after having announced that he's going to retire, he could play care-free? And now he's losing to players like Rik de Voest?! Man, that's kinda sad.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I dunno what happened. His confidence is completely shot and I've no idea why he isn't doing better now that he has nothing to lose. Maybe the game really has passed him by. :sad:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
caelestia said:
I dunno what happened. His confidence is completely shot and I've no idea why he isn't doing better now that he has nothing to lose. Maybe the game really has passed him by. :sad:
He has the same problem Arantxa had. When your game is entirely based on footspeed and running down one more ball, its a little hard to do when you reach 30+ and lose a step (or 7 in Changs case). Quite honestly, he should have packed it in a couple of years ago. His only wins this year are against Nicholas Kiefer, who tanked the match from start to finish (I was watching), and Zack Fleischman, a player outside the top 300.

However, Michael isnt going out quietly. He selectively picked events this year that meant a lot to him so he could thank the fans and the tournament directors. Long Island wasnt one of those tournaments. He asked for a last minute WC because he felt he needed more match experience this year.

·
SMUstang,
8,430 Posts
Who cares? His song and dance is getting old, as was ESPN's having their collective dicks shoved up his ass for the first few days of their coverage.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Lee-Waters' Boy said:
Who cares? His song and dance is getting old, as was ESPN's having their collective dicks shoved up his ass for the first few days of their coverage.
Unpleasant images going through my head of ESPNs collective penises giving Chang an asshole-full... :tape: ... :tape: .... :tape: ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.