Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
31 wins in 34 matches.
That must be close to being a record, although they will not count her qualies matches

Kontaveit next. I like Bibi's chances of giving Woz a rematch as well :eek:h:

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
For those people saying Bibi calls her trainer needlessly just to distract her opponent....she called trainer twice in the match & during both the situations Bibi was the one who had all the momentum and was leading in the set...she was leading by 4-3 in first set after winning 4 of last 5 games when she called trainer for first time and was leading 4-1 in final set when she called trainer for 2nd time. Why would Bibi call her trainer needlessly to distract opponent when she was up by a break and was having all the momentum? If she really wanted to distract her opponent, why would she not call it in 2nd set where she was spraying errors and lost like 5 games in row??

Or maybe it's just that she is just having some physical issues? It's like sometimes people forget that Bianca is still only 18, playing on 3rd straight day at Miami, that too after playing 7 matches the week before this & she has already played more matches on tour in 2019...it's totally possible that she might be having some physical issues during the match
I can see the trainer bits as an attempt to get more rest, particularly after she expended a lot of energy in those runs of games to get the momentum in her favor. She did slow the play down between points. Her tiredness is definitely showing, and it's clear that she has an uncanny knack for match dynamics -- when the important points are played, when to elevate her game etc, as well as the savvy and probably juniors habit of doing what it takes to win. The jury is out on this.

Still, the handslap from Kerber was extremely rude.

I wouldn't worry about Bibi though. That girl is a brawler and she'll hold her own -- she essentially paid her dust in the post match interview. If you read past the thin professional veneer, Bianca was essentially rubbing the previous win in Kerber's face ("I guess I carried the momentum from the final over"), saying she was "one step ahead" and her game was basically superior ("My fighting spirit (was tough for her to handle). My spins and variety.")

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Exactly, I don't think she would ever dare say that to a Serena/Maria/Vika. She think she's slick thinking she can get away with insulting a teenager. What a sore loser. :SNE:
Bibi's shouldn't care. She has a Premier Mandatory but the 'When will Angie win her first PM/P5 title thread lives.'

Was it necessary to call the trainer at that moment? Maybe not, but her serve velocity is noticeably down over the past couple days.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Regd that handshake : Kerber would have never said the same thing to someone like Vika or Serena at the net. She is shamelessly bullying the kid. And given her own history of cheating and gamesmanship, it's ironic she said that. Pathetic.
This. She is so sad and unbelievably bitter!

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Angie calls a spade a spade. :worship: People love authenticity "s/he tells it like it is", except, of course, when it's inconvenient for them, then it's "shameful". :tape:
Blatantly robbing a point off Hantuchova in a grandslam is calling spade a spade, indeed. :wavey:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I can see the trainer bits as an attempt to get more rest, particularly after she expended a lot of energy in those runs of games to get the momentum in her favor. She did slow the play down between points. Her tiredness is definitely showing, and it's clear that she has an uncanny knack for match dynamics -- when the important points are played, when to elevate her game etc, as well as the savvy and probably juniors habit of doing what it takes to win. The jury is out on this.

Still, the handslap from Kerber was extremely rude.

I wouldn't worry about Bibi though. That girl is a brawler and she'll hold her own -- she essentially paid her dust in the post match interview. If you read past the thin professional veneer, Bianca was essentially rubbing the previous win in Kerber's face ("I guess I carried the momentum from the final over"), saying she was "one step ahead" and her game was basically superior ("My fighting spirit (was tough for her to handle). My spins and variety.")
This girl is going places :worship:

Hope she keeps meeting Kerber at these big tournaments!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: Miami R3: Andreescu def. [8] Kerber 6-4 4-6 6-1

Where's the lies :confused:

Glad Angie told her the truth. She's been on the tour long enough to know when someone is faking it. I'm sure she spoke for most of the players Andreescu played and took the MTO's and then won all her matches after that :D
Umm we are still in March and Andreescu has played 34 matches already. Using MTOs is not to be unexpected in such a situation. And, setting aside that both her MTOs were taken when she was WINNING and had MOMENTUM, even if it was a Tactical MTO.... what does it say about Kerber? That she's so mentally frail that a teenager taking a MTO causes her to be BREADSTICKED in the final set :haha:

Give up the ghost, Bianca has already surpassed her (except for grass).

·
Registered
214 Posts

OMG... Any news at bathroom time?? Both player went at the same time. ??? I INSIST.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
By the way Bianca is not taking Bathroom breaks. She's taking Meditation break sitting on the toilet. Not the same thing :eek:h:

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
This. She is so sad and unbelievably bitter!

Not to mention ANgie did the same damn thing yesterday. Ooooo i can barely move, I'm injured. Calls MTO starts running down every ball and turns the match against Muchova.:SNE:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

Where's the lies :confused:

Glad Angie told her the truth. She's been on the tour long enough to know when someone is faking it. I'm sure she spoke for most of the players Andreescu played and took the MTO's and then won all her matches after that :D
At the end of the day, Kerber has no one to blame but herself for losing. Regardless of what happened in between sets, she's been around long enough to know not to let any of that stuff affect her mentality and composure. Kerber should've been more focused on finding a way to win that 3rd set and the match, but she didn't.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Any news at bathroom time?? Both player went at the same time.
Yes, my friend is volunteering at the Miami Open and she said they both were in the bathroom at the same time and Bianca was making loud grunts possibly fake-shitting in order to annoy Angie between the second and third sets. But because of the handshake it's Angie that doesn't look very ladylike. Another well-constructed point by Bianca!

·
Banned
2,202 Posts
By the way Bianca is not taking Bathroom breaks. She's taking Meditation break sitting on the toilet. Not the same thing :eek:h:
In this match they both left the court after the 2nd set, and I believe it was Bianca who got back first. Kerber is just out of her element here. I guess she had to come up with some insult for Bianca since she couldn't insult her tennis game, so she calls her out for what? Embellishing her own injuries? Can't say I seen that.

Bianca's well within her rights to call a physio and receive stretch/massage at the change over and not use a MTO, which she didnt' in the 3rd set. When time was called, she immediately went back to the court.

41 - 60 of 394 Posts