Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Kerber beat a grand total of 2 top ten players last year - Caro *cough* and Aga - and won ONE lousy MM tournament. The ONLY way she's going to stay up there is by playing a lot and trying to scavenge points when she can.
Wow. I did not know that. That is shocking for a top 10 player. Simona Halep already has 4 top 10 wins this year, and we aren't even through March yet.

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
Her ballstriking ability isn't good enough to consistently attack serves. :shrug:
Nobody said she needs to attack every 2nd serve, but for example when she plays Errani she stands behind the baseline to take that serve. She often retreats voluntarily.

·
Banned
3,188 Posts
Kerber beat a grand total of 2 top ten players last year - Caro *cough* and Aga - and won ONE lousy MM tournament. The ONLY way she's going to stay up there is by playing a lot and trying to scavenge points when she can.
She had 3 top ten wins because she beat Agnieszka twice.
This year she has one top ten win so far over Jankovic.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Only happy for Kerber due to the fact that she is winning me points in Three Hands game for Miami. Otherwise, Kerber is gonna flop soon. I have a feeling. :eek:h:

·
Premium Member
36,988 Posts
She's also lost many matches this way. She struggles and doesn't recover. Nothing special. That's why she's not a threat to win these big events.
I'm not a stats freak but I'm pretty sure Angie won more close matches than she lost some, especially this year. She had a bad end of season last year til the YEC, but recovered remarkably since.

·
Registered
15,045 Posts
To be fair Angie showed a lot of heart. She dug in. She needs to step it up though.
Nah I saw a kerber that was crying and giving up until her opponent politely invited her back in the match telling her, dont give up....Im the biggest chocker out there. Peng lost this match. When win 11 of 14 games and cant serve the match out. Its a chocke

·
Premium Member
36,988 Posts
Nah I saw a kerber that was crying and giving up until her opponent politely invited her back in the match telling her, dont give up....Im the biggest chocker out there. Peng lost this match. When win 11 of 14 games and cant serve the match out. Its a chocke
Peng lost this match to a fighter. Angie cried a bit on her chair cause she's a fighter. A player who doesn't care can happily let it go. Angie didn't let it go.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
I'm not a stats freak but I'm pretty sure Angie won more close matches than she lost some, especially this year. She had a bad end of season last year til the YEC, but recovered remarkably since.
Not that many close matches this year. Jankovic beat her going away in Brisbane after she dropped the opening set TB. Need we even discuss the Sydney final? Pennetta beat her in the AO. Lost to Ana in Dubai in a third set TB. Lost to Torro-Flor last week in IW, after serving for the match. And that's just this year.

Let's not forget her collapse against Kanepi at Wimby last year. Her loss to Suarez Navarro at the USO. Losing to Petra twice last fall. Need I go on?

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Peng lost this match to a fighter. Angie cried a bit on her chair cause she's a fighter. A player who doesn't care can happily let it go. Angie didn't let it go.
OMG!!! :rolleyes:

Come off it. A lot of girls are fighters, and you don't see them crying when things aren't going their way. She was out of this match until Peng gave it away.

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
Really.

Radwanska YEC
Radwanska Tokyo
Wozniacki Tokyo

Doesn´t strengthen your argument, when you twists the facts to suit your point.

That´s three top ten wins and also six losses. 3-6 against top 10 level opposition. A negative record against the top ten is pretty common for a player in the bottom half of the top 10. Wozniacki was 2-6, JJ was 5-9, Errani was 2-12, Kvitova was 8-6 in 2013.

·
Premium Member
36,988 Posts
Not that many close matches this year. Jankovic beat her going away in Brisbane after she dropped the opening set TB. Need we even discuss the Sydney final? Pennetta beat her in the AO. Lost to Ana in Dubai in a third set TB. Lost to Torro-Flor last week in IW, after serving for the match. And that's just this year.

Let's not forget her collapse against Kanepi at Wimby last year. Her loss to Suarez Navarro at the USO. Losing to Petra twice last fall. Need I go on?
This year Kerber has only lost to players playing the big game. Nothing to be ashamed of. She's a example of consistency. That's what you learn to know about Kerber when you follow WTA. That's the huge progress I saw with her since the YEC. She's a top 10 player and it's only the beginning.

Patrick's comments are pertinent. I don't know how much a scheduling can be exhausting, though. I remember Hingis saying training is more exhausting than competing on the tour.

·
Premium Member
36,988 Posts
OMG!!! :rolleyes:

Come off it. A lot of girls are fighters, and you don't see them crying when things aren't going their way. She was out of this match until Peng gave it away.
Yeah, you don't even understand that? The tears of rage and frustration? You don't? Keep praying the Lord, then!

·
Registered
34,113 Posts
Nid ths idiot needs Hsieh to win matches for her.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
This year Kerber has only lost to players playing the big game. Nothing to be ashamed of. She's a example of consistency. That's what you learn to know about Kerber when you follow WTA. That's the huge progress I saw with her since the YEC. She's a top 10 player and it's only the beginning.

Patrick's comments are pertinent. I don't know how much a scheduling can be exhausting, though. I remember Hingis saying training is more exhausting than competing on the tour.
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Yeah, you don't even understand that? The tears of rage and frustration? You don't? Keep praying the Lord, then!
Please name other top players that are crying when things aren't going well? I've seen players get mad, break racquets, berate themselves, but never cry. They don't need to cry to show their anger. They get focused and play better.

·
Registered
15,045 Posts
I didnt know fighters cried DURING MATCHES:lol: Im sure thats what Lisicki was doing. She lost 11 of 14 games and the ones she won on her serve she was saving break points. Uo to 5-2 it was very one sided since end of the first. Fighter my ass:lol: Her body language was clear as day

41 - 60 of 129 Posts