Tennis Forum banner

Miami Open 2023 Discussion thread (Mar 19–Apr 2, 2023 Miami, FL, USA)

90K views 2K replies 67 participants last post by  D'Angelo 
#1 ·
After a great run at IW, we follow Emma to Florida for the Miami Masters. Presented by Itau it will return to hard rock stadium at Miami gardens as the second event in the sunshine double.

#345 ·
Two of the only players I love on this godforsaken tour facing off in the first round :hysteric: On the plus side we will (hopefully) get to see a full match between these two uninjured, and on hard! I wasn't keen on their Rome match even before it started since it's neither of their best surface. Popcorn match if there ever was one 🍿

#348 ·
Hopefully it's a good match.

I'm not sure how to feel about the match itself, it's one of those that's definitely winnable for both if they play well. There's been times this year when I've been impressed by Bibi's level, and others where I've been pretty underwhelmed. She's definitely playing better than she did last year, but she's beaten one top 50 opponent in 2013 in Bouzkova (25) and every other top 50 opponent has beaten her in straights. There's signs though that she was coming back into some form against Swiatek.

I don't think their match at Rome last year was any representation of how good Emma can be, or how good Andreescu can be either. It should be a good watch, but on recent form, I'd probably back Emma in 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.