Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Re: Miami - 1R v ???

Jelena is in the draw. :eek:
R1 vs Makarova. :unsure:

10 days ago she only lasted 1 game, has she already recovered?
Or maybe desperate for R1 money? :tape:

·
Registered
48,052 Posts

Makarova is :shrug: Had some amazing wins and had some really bad losses, she is still the favourite over Jelena.

GL.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Another week, another loss. Makarova is much better than the girls who have beaten Jelena lately.

Or maybe desperate for R1 money?
I think this is likely. She was already in the US, and she probably is training at Bolleteri's where she is always welcomed. She isn't getting any MD entries at any tournaments with this kind of prize money anymore, until her ranking improves. Losing in R1 is probably more money than an ITF SF.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts

Makarova isn't that bad IMO. I mean yes she can play really well but she still always has the inconsistency in her game, and always will have that. So its possible she can have a bad day, and thats what I hope for.

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts

if Jelena's wrist is okay all that matters is she gets a good match out of this and mkes it close.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,023 Posts
Re: Miami - 1R v Makarova

I'll be happy providing she can play more than 1 game. And if she wins more than 1 game I'll be even happier!

Come on Jelena.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts

She's fighting in this set but it is so frustrating to see how many times she breaks and then goes up in her service games only to get broken back. She's wasted so many 30-0 and game point advantages in her service games. She should have this second set already.

As I type she has wasted 2 game points at 5-5 with 2 double faults.

·
Registered
48,052 Posts

I followed it from 5-5 deuce and damn she missed way too many game points, as usual :yawn:

I don't know what to say, maybe she needs to go back to Serbia and work with Damir ...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts

Its sad that I'm somewhat glad she at least made the second set competitive

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts

she has no business entering premier events atm, she needs matches and she needs confidence back.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts