Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only seen Kim playing doubles once at Wimbly this year.:p
It was a great experience though...:)

Have any of you seen Kim (live) or met Kim before?
If yes, how's your experience? And which tourny are you planning to go to?

Reactions: Elleke

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
kim4eva said:
I have only seen Kim playing doubles once at Wimbly this year.:p
It was a great experience though...:)

Have any of you seen Kim (live) or met Kim before?
If yes, how's your experience? And which tourny are you planning to go to?
1. Paris, Roland Garros 2001, against Marrero
2. Brussels, Fed Cup 2002, Belgium vs. Australia
3. Sydney, 2003, with Ai in doubles, 2 matches QF and SF
4. Melbourne, Australian Open 2003, Rod Laver Arena, QF against Coetzer

The quantity might not be impressive, but the quality is! I'd say my Kim-CV is well filled. :p
Next on my list (if agenda and budget allow it: some tourny in the US, Key Biscayne or San Diego for example).

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my experience:

I went to the UK for a trip this summer but I didn't plan to go to watch the Wimbledon Championships.:p I've always wanted to see Kim play so I kinda when to the Wimbly grounds to have a look when I first arrived England.

I arrived at about 6 at the morning coz of the time difference and there was heaps and heaps of people outside of the grounds lining up. Some people even slept for a day to buy the tickets!! ;) So I thought it would be impossible to get in there. It was a Saturday so I might go there on a week day and maybe there will not have so many people.

So I went to Wimbly on Monday at about 5 in the morning. There was still heaps of people but not as much. I lined up for about 6 hours to get in the ground!! :eek: And all I got was a ground pass!!:awww: I thought it would be terrible coz Kim's playing in the No. 1 court that day.

I finally got in and saw a couple of matches of Lindsay, and Justine at the ground courts after waiting for 2 hours till the rain stops. (England's got terrible weather!) I was about to leave but guess what!!
GUESS WHAT!! I just found out Kim was playing doubles at one of the ground courts!! So I kinda rushed to the court and pushed through the people lining up outside the court. Honestly, Kim has LOADS of fans!!

I watched Kim played and it was great. :hearts: I kept on yelling come on Kim!! When the game was over, I quickly walked over to Kim and got her autograph. And she also gave me her wristband thingy!!! :drool:

I dunno how to preserve it!!:lol:
I'm planning to go home next year and watch the Aus Opens..if its possible

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Lucky you! It was worth waiting so long.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i've seen her a lot actually.
1. fed cup madrid, brussels, bree, charleroi
2. roland garros '03: first round, semi finale, finale
3. wimbledon '03: first and second round single, first round double
4. antwerp '03: the whole week
5. rosmalen '03: semi finale, finale
6. when she came home after roland garros this year
7. going to us open 1/8 finales and 1/4 finales

The fedcup in Bree was awesome. When they won and everybody went home, me and my club stayed inside for a drink and we saw ivo van aken(coach) and asked if kim was still there. A couple of minutes later she arrived and we were cheering. She signed (???) that we had to be quiet otherwise everyone would come. She gave some autographes and we took some pictures. It was great!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are so lucky to see Kim so many times!! :)

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
I've only seen her play once..but very recently ;)

I saw her in Toronto at the Rogers Cup..I watched her play both her matches :D

I got her autograph at the end of her first match :bounce: It was really fun :)

and assuming she comes back to Montreal next year I'll be there as well ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw kim at the brilliant game 2001 in antwerp
at the fed cup in bree
at the proximus diamond games in antwerp
and when she came home from rolland garros 2003 in bree

Attachments

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,324 Posts
haven't seen her before, but if the fed-cup holds place in brussels I might go there, and I have tickets for the final of the diamond games next year, so I'm hoping (wishing, praying... ;)) Kim'll play that final (and if it's not too much to ask, win it too... :p)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also want to go to the Fed Cup on Sunday so I hope that the final will be in Belgium and also that Belgium will play the finale!

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
Oh I'm so jealous of you guys.......I'll probably go watch her next Wimby.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I saw Kim the first time at Berlin this year in singles and doubles.
It was so great.I was very close to Kim.
At the singles I sat in the first row behind the loge and at the doubles I sat in the loge. :)
After her singles I asked her for an autograph.I was very nervous,because my in English isn't very good. :rolleyes:
I said "Thank you very much."She looked at me smiled and said "No problem".
I never forget this day :angel:
I'm the girl in the black shirt.

Attachments

Reactions: Cilla

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I've seen Kim

- at Fed Cup Brussels 2002
- exhibition match in Charleroi 2002
- Fed Cup Bree 2003
- Rosmalen 2003

I liked Fed Cup Brussels the most. There were very few people (!) and we were sitting right behind kim and the team 'cause we were waaaay too early as usual (I could touch her, but I didn't :D ). She was so funny. She put a flower on the head of the man beside her who didn't notice. We were all laughing. I was quite ill that day and coughing a little loud and Kim was so nice to ask if I were allright. So sweet, isn't she? :)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I've seen Kim in Antwerp 2002, but she was not playing!

And i saw her play SF and Final of singles and doubles in Antwerp!

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
ans said:
I liked Fed Cup Brussels the most. There were very few people (!) and we were sitting right behind kim and the team 'cause we were waaaay too early as usual (I could touch her, but I didn't :D ). She was so funny. She put a flower on the head of the man beside her who didn't notice. We were all laughing. I was quite ill that day and coughing a little loud and Kim was so nice to ask if I were allright. So sweet, isn't she? :)
lol :lol: It's good to know she can amuse herself :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,324 Posts
ans said:
I've seen Kim

- at Fed Cup Brussels 2002
- exhibition match in Charleroi 2002
- Fed Cup Bree 2003
- Rosmalen 2003

:eek: ANS!!! why didn't you tell me this before?! that is so cool! now I like you even more!! ;) just kidding eej, I like you equally as much as I did before I knew you had connections :p (--> KIM!!) :angel:

oh, btw, please get that driver's liscense, so you can drive me to the fed-cup final :yeah: ;) :angel:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys/girls are so lucky!! :p
I hope I can make it to the Australian Open next year!! :)
Anyone been to the Aus Open? Were there lots of people? :wavey:
If there is, I might get my friends to buy the tickets earlier for me as a new year pressie...lol :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
kim4eva said:
You guys/girls are so lucky!! :p
I hope I can make it to the Australian Open next year!! :)
Anyone been to the Aus Open? Were there lots of people? :wavey:
If there is, I might get my friends to buy the tickets earlier for me as a new year pressie...lol :D
yeah i normally go to the Aussie open. this year i saw the men semi b/w roddick and Schuettler. i also saw kim's 1st and 2nd round matches. the 2nd she won 6/0 6/0 in just 33minutes.
kim4eva there are lots of people there but it is still easy to get tickets, i wouldn't worry about getting in really early.
i brought tickets on the the day for the 1st round and 2nd round. but someone gave me the tickets for the semi- so i don't know how early u would have to get them. hope this helps ;)

sorry the pictures are so small(i'm just not a computer person)

Attachments

·
Registered
15,458 Posts
Great experiences for those who've seen Kim :D I narrowly missed out on seeing Kim at Wimbledon this year. I was waiting at Court 2 unware that her match had been moved to centre. However, I did see Marc (twice), Eveline, Els & Lei. But I hope to put things right by seeing her next year :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i'm Donna and I haven't actually posted here before although have been a lurker for a while!
I have seen Kim play at the Aussie Open for the past 3 years and i have got her autograph twice. The first time i got it was last year at Fanfest and someone asked her if Lleyton was a good kisser! She got a bit embarrassed as you can imagine! I took some photos of her too but don't have a scanner yet. When i get one I will post them here :)

Bye!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts