Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen more entertaining and better played matches from the men than the women's so far. The most entertaining men's player so far is Younes El Aynaoui. He isn't just entertaining, but he is good too.

This would have been the case had the sisters played.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SJW said:
"This would have been the case had the sisters played."

do you mean "wouldnt have"? im watching more mens tennis at the moment, no doubt. the matches are just better
Of course I do, but if I had said that, then the Williams critics and haters would have said I am only saying this because the sisters aren't playing. This way, they can't really say shit.

· Registered
18,664 Posts
OMG! You spelled Aynaoui right!:clap::eek:

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Martian KC said:
OMG! You spelled Aynaoui right!:clap::eek:
Just like you always spell dickhead right. :rolleyes:

· Registered
4,423 Posts
O MY GOD
Why must every day someone open another thread, whining, that the US Open are shit without Venus and Serena?
I´d prefered too, if the sisters had played. And Seles...and Hingis...and and and.
But I try to make the best out of that, what I got. Whining helps nobody.

· Banned
191 Posts
Yea, whining like a blubbery baby seal proves that certain people don't comprehend the opening there is for certain players with a weaker field. It's exciting seeing players like Schiavone and Suarez, who have long bitten at the heels of the top players, get a chance for a break through. And let's face it, when the Williams sisters play, all of their matches are boring, 40 minute routs or an error-filled chokefest against a top player. Tennis-wise, they don't provide exciting matches as often as, say, Capriati.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JackFrost said:
O MY GOD
Why must every day someone open another thread, whining, that the US Open are shit without Venus and Serena?
I´d prefered too, if the sisters had played. And Seles...and Hingis...and and and.
But I try to make the best out of that, what I got. Whining helps nobody.
Because this is a public board and we have to right to post whatever the fuck we want.

Believe me, the only ones whining are the commentators who mention Venus and Serena in every match they cover, so if you don't like it, might I suggest you call CBS or the USA netowrk to ask them to stop doing that instead of complaining there are too many posts about V&S.

While you are at it, write letters to all the major newspapers in the country who mention Venus and Serena in their articles. Hell, why stop with this country, write letters to all the major newspapers in the world.

· Registered
18,664 Posts
Zvonerevian said:
Yea, whining like a blubbery baby seal proves that certain people don't comprehend the opening there is for certain players with a weaker field. It's exciting seeing players like Schiavone and Suarez, who have long bitten at the heels of the top players, get a chance for a break through. And let's face it, when the Williams sisters play, all of their matches are boring, 40 minute routs or an error-filled chokefest against a top player. Tennis-wise, they don't provide exciting matches as often as, say, Capriati.
LMFAO! A blubbery baby seal, that's a new one!:lol:

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zvonerevian said:
That's because Venus and Serena know how to close out a match and win, unlike Capriati, who was almost kicked out of the tournament by Loit.

If I were you, I'd worry more about Vera, who hasn't done shit since she beat Venus at the FO. She could have benefited from the Williams sisters absence, but she was sent packing, blubbering like a baby seal. Again.

· Registered
4,423 Posts
lizchris said:
Because this is a public board and we have to right to post whatever the fuck we want.

Believe me, the only ones whining are the commentators who mention Venus and Serena in every match they cover, so if you don't like it, might I suggest you call CBS or the USA netowrk to ask them to stop doing that instead of complaining there are too many posts about V&S.

While you are at it, write letters to all the major newspapers in the country who mention Venus and Serena in their articles. Hell, why stop with this country, write letters to all the major newspapers in the world.
But just because the commentators whining and the newspapers whining, it doesn´t mean that we have to whining with them.
The commentators are just saying, what they think, that the watchers want to hear.

· Banned
191 Posts
If you were me, you'd worry about Vera? Well, you're not me, and I don't spend time "worrying" about tennis players, which speaks volumes for our comparitive social lives.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JackFrost said:
But just because the commentators whining and the newspapers whining, it doesn´t mean that we have to whining with them.
The commentators are just saying, what they think, that the watchers want to hear.
It's not my problem they are whining.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zvonerevian said:
If you were me, you'd worry about Vera? Well, you're not me, and I don't spend time "worrying" about tennis players, which speaks volumes for our comparitive social lives.
You can speak for your damn self. I'm only here because of the US Open and it is a holiday weekend. I go back to work on Tuesday.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr. Man said:
Yeah, He says it 20 times a day. He's one of those closet Roddick fans who post in every thread of his.
That's dumb! Why would you call someone a dickhead if you like them?

· Registered
3,613 Posts
I have found (FOR ME) that the first week of ANY slam (with or w/out the sisters) is more exciting on the men's side then the womens. Some of the earlier matchups from the men are great! Like Roddick vs. Henman, Andre vs. Alex C.

· Banned
177 Posts
lizchris said:
That's because Venus and Serena know how to close out a match and win, unlike Capriati, who was almost kicked out of the tournament by Loit.

If I were you, I'd worry more about Vera, who hasn't done shit since she beat Venus at the FO. She could have benefited from the Williams sisters absence, but she was sent packing, blubbering like a baby seal. Again.
That is an injured Venus. Because if V was not injured Vera would never be famous. You know what they say "to make a name for yourself you have to beat a Williams sister". Each time Vera plays they mentioned that she beat Venus at the French Open but they never mentioned that Venus kicked her but at Wimbe.

· Registered
1,517 Posts
LizChris wrote:
That would, of course, be the very same Loit who was a break up on Serena in the third set at the 2003 Australian Open.

Funny that when a Williams Sister comes back in such a situation, it shows how mentally tough they are and what champions they are, but when another player does the same thing, it's a sign of how lousy the player is. :rolleyes:

· Banned
177 Posts
Ted of Teds Tennis said:
LizChris wrote:

That would, of course, be the very same Loit who was a break up on Serena in the third set at the 2003 Australian Open.

Funny that when a Williams Sister comes back in such a situation, it shows how mentally tough they are and what champions they are, but when another player does the same thing, it's a sign of how lousy the player is. :rolleyes:
What defines a champion to me is the way in which she/he wins the match. e.g. AO with Serena and Kim that's what I call a champion and the match between Venus and Momo last year US Open and chanda and Venus. Also Jen and Kim at the French Open when Jen won, Martina and Jen at the AO. But when a top 10 plays a cup cake and comes back and win a 3 setter in a regular tournement that's no big deal. It's expected that the top 10 should win.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.