Tennis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
IA. Whatever the truth that statement has done Zverev no favours. Blindly contradicting BP and ignoring what she said then addressing dv claims straight after in quite a strange way. Something feels very off with the whole statement. Those text messages look pretty damning if they're verified.

·
Registered
19,872 Posts
Can Sonego finish off Djoker?

·
Registered
19,872 Posts
Djoker had places to be. Epic tanking.
Did you see the match? Some tanking in the 2nd set from Djoker, but Sonego was playing out of his mind and NOvak just couldn't beat him in the first.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Did you see the match? Some tanking in the 2nd set from Djoker, but Sonego was playing out of his mind and NOvak just couldn't beat him in the first.
I heard he secured 1st place for the year in previous round, sounds like a reasonable tank job

·
Registered
983 Posts
Rothenberg has posted the full story from Sharypova now. It's a hard read.

(Content warning: violence, suicide attempt)
Olya's story
Interesting article 😮 I believe Olga but take charges girl. Bring him to justice or stay silence. Tony Godsick and Roger most dump that guy. He is the black sheep at Team8

·
Registered
19,872 Posts
Zverev loses on a DF...

of course.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Good to see Medvedev back on track. When he's peaking, he's certainly a better and more interesting player than Zverev.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I didn't see the match but I saw what Zverev said after. Could he be any more tone deaf to the situation he's in? The statement was bad enough but saying the people who are trying to wipe the smile off his face can keep trying, everything is great in his life.....it's a bizarre reaction to allegations of serious violence. He's really not doing himself any favours.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
It's sickening and quite chilling really. If you read Olya's account and then watch this, it's as though he is taunting her. Effectively telling her that "he is successful and she is nothing and he will get away with it".

What a trash human being. The ATP will do nothing but I hope he loses his sponsorship deals and never wins a slam or big titles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What a trash human being. The ATP will do nothing but I hope he loses his sponsorship deals and never wins a slam or big titles.
I don't even think this will affect his sponsorship opportunities much, maybe only give the sponsors cause to negotiate a slightly cheaper deal for themselves. Almost no one outside tennis twitter has paid attention to this, and in the tennis world he has both the ATP and the might of Federer/Team8 behind him.

Not that ATP has the will to do anything anyway, but even if they did, they probably lack the structure for it. There is no court case brought, no police report even, so if they wanted to sanction Zverev, they would need to open their own investigation into him, but I doubt they have anything in their organisation set up for such a task - they might have some disciplinary committee that decides what sanction is appropriate for what misdeed, but they're not equipped to handle a proper investigation.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I hope also he will lose his sponsors but as long he is under contract by Team8 he will not lose anything. We all know how powerful Tony and Roger are. Its her words against his so it’s a very difficult story 🧐

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
He couldn't have handled it worse. He must be either getting terrible advice or just ignoring any decent guidance he's getting. I can't believe he's actually oblivious to the fact he's coming across so badly. Idk what the ATP could do but it would be good if they made some kind of stand. I wonder what his sponsors are making of this mess.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Jannik ❤

I hadn't been this excited for some male player from my country since... forever probably.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Sinner is the next big thing. The next generation. The first since 2001. The future of ATP. We haven’t seen such hype around a player since young Nadal. By woman tennis its normal to see 19 year olds winning a GS but when a 19 year old boy is doing well the whole tennisworld is in extase. Its weird that the young boy gets way more hype then when a young girl is winning titles 🙄

·
Registered
41,497 Posts
Anyone watching the coverage on Prime with Hantuchova as a pundit, I do enjoy her analysis, even on the men’s side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,195 Posts
Sinner is the next big thing. The next generation. The first since 2001. The future of ATP. We haven’t seen such hype around a player since young Nadal. By woman tennis its normal to see 19 year olds winning a GS but when a 19 year old boy is doing well the whole tennisworld is in extase. Its weird that the young boy gets way more hype then when a young girl is winning titles 🙄
There’s also lot of hype around 17 yo Spaniard Carlos Alcaraz who is 139 already also 18 yo italian Musetti. I expect both to make top 100 next year and along with Sinner they should be top players in the future.
Both are top 10 material imho if they don’t have injures or other problems that cut their normal progression.

221 - 240 of 259 Posts