Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Admin
66,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, welcome to this new place here on tennisforum!

Feel free to discuss everything in here which is related to ATP or men's tennis in general (ITF/Slams/DavisCup etc.)
It is still not allowed to talk about men's tennis in all other forums here, those rules remain same and can be found here:

WTA or any other non tennis discussions are not allowed as well, please use the common threads for that.

Please note that we will close this thread again immediately, if it gets too problematic in here.
We want to give you the chance here to talk about ATP also but not if it leads to extra work and fights, in this case we will stop this and people have to discuss this topic again on menstennisforums only!!

Enjoy! 👊

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I'll start with something totally uncontroversial. Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares are the first finalists to be found in any discipline at this year's French Open, upsetting top seeds Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah 7-6 (4), 7-5, in the first men's doubles semi-final. A really tight match, with some wonderful rallies.

·
La nuit je mens
87,501 Posts
I don't know who to root for in the second SF. Would be nice to see Krawietz/Mies confirm last year's victory but at the same time, Koolhof is becoming some epic bridesmaid, losing finals left and right. I kinda want him to win something big soon. The guy needs a hug (I wouldn't mind giving it to him though).

·
Registered
19,872 Posts
Well I'll be damned, we can actually talk about the other half of tennis now on a tennis site!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I was wondering why there wasn't a space to talk about men's tennis considering MTF has a women's tennis thread.

Hope the big 3 discussions don't get as toxic as MTF :p

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Novak is not 100% healthy, so unfortunately we can't count on him to save tennis at this tournament. And Schwartzman also has no chance. So it's all doomed.
Says who?

He'll be fine for tomorrow.

·
Registered
31,433 Posts
Why are Krawietz & Mies so good at RG? They have a USO SF from last year, but nothing outstanding elsewhere.

The other top doubles teams aren't keen on playing on clay?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Why are people hating on Rafa at RG?

·
Trainwreck
58,550 Posts
Happy for Thiem, last month. I know he's the generation after Generation Useless, but his was shaping up to be pretty useless too :p.

TBH as long as Novak and Rafa are still on top of the game I can't really be bothered getting too deep into men's tennis again.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Why are Krawietz & Mies so good at RG? They have a USO SF from last year, but nothing outstanding elsewhere.
Don't restrict your viewing to just the Grand Slams. They are a very good pair, with good results elsewhere.
The other top doubles teams aren't keen on playing on clay?
I watched the first semi-final, which was a terrific match. The point that several players have made, both publicly and privately, is that all the top teams (say the top 10-15 pairs, and maybe more) know each other inside-out, so there are no surprises. On their day, ANY of those teams can beat any of the others, so it's not really a surprise to see the top seeds lose (as they did here) to even an unranked team (which wasn't the case here).

·
Registered
31,433 Posts
Don't resgtrict your viewing to just the Grand Slams. They are a very good pair, with good results elsewhere.

I watched the first semi-final, which was a terrific match. The point that several players have made, both publicly and privately, is that all the top teams (say the top 10-15 pairs, and maybe more) know each other inside-out, so there are no surprises. On their day, ANY of those teams can beat any of the others, so it's not really a surprise to see the top seeds lose (as they did here) to even an unranked team (which wasn't the case here).
No, they aren't that impressive elsewhere, result-wise. Stop being so patronising.

·
Registered
28,192 Posts
Says who?

He'll be fine for tomorrow.
I guess he bought his fake stunt, which Carreño correctly exposed in the press conference. I agree with you. He looked great against Pablo.
Rooting for a Rafa-Tsitsipas final but I love Diego too.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts