Discussion Starter #2
Yevgeny 1 5'9 and rest 5'8's for TM
Yevgeny leads
Presentation marks were lower 5'7, 58's and one 5'9

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
America skater Goebel also stumbled on combo, less extravagent performance than Yevgeni

Goebel 2nd .... 5.5 :eek: lots of 5.7 in Presentation

Abt and Yagudin to come

no clean program yet

Plushenko leads
Goebel 2nd

Abt on ice now

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking like a 1-2-3 :D

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finns only gave Abt 5.1 on TM ????? went from 5.1 to 5.7

not good :(

Abt 4th

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yagudin will be champ unless he completely stuffs it up

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yagudin is Olympic Champ :)
Plushenko SILVER
Goebel bronze

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yagudin got 2 6.0 :D
and rest 5.9 on Presentation

totally brilliant :)

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
yay Alexei won!! He skated awesome!! Glad to see not all judging is crooked at these games!!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Just tells how much American commentators understand the sport. Up to the moment they showed the Yagudin's mark, they were saying that he for sure conceded the long program to Plushenko, and were discussing will Yagudin's skating be enough to beat Goebel. LOL!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Big boo to NBC announcers who shamelessly manipulate their spectators and big :wavey: to American referee who was in jury. He was giving marks like he is Russian in disguise. Great objectivity. He gave one of 6s.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
No, he didn't make any mistakes, but he did hold horses in a couple of places simplifying his program. Would you expect guy to get 9 5.9s for technicals with mistakes?:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
No Mistakes!!! The only thing Yagudin did to simplify the program was taking at a 3axel, but he already did the 3axel (i think it was in combination i forgot), a Quad-triple-double and a Quad.
Technical marks are not just based on Jumps, they also include spins, footwork, the complexity of the artistry. He had it all!! All the jumps, footwoork, spins etc... definitely deserved 5.9 for Techincal Marks. Even Pluschenko,Goebel had glaring mistakes and the spins, footwork, the complexity of the program was less than Yagudin's but they still got 5.9. 6.0 was well deserved for keeping the level of intensity with the execution of COMPLICATED artistry.

Congrats to Goebel!! Wish Weiss skated in last group to give himself a shot at medals!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Well, I`m rather dissappointed with Yagudin`s routine, But only because I expected too much from him. The program was technically flawless, but there was no inspiration in it and all those 6,0 marks are a bit high. He lacked a rivalry this evening without a doubt.

Anyway. Congratulantions with that win. You deserved it :bounce:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Fresh, he rather knew that conservative skating will be enough for gold and the price was too high to take any unnecessary risk.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Can we do a clean sweep of the gold in the sport?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Fresh, he rather knew that conservative skating will be enough for gold
ys, I meant just that :)

Goebel`s marks were low, and Sasha could make it to the podium, but only with the flawless routine. He knew that as well, that`s where all the mistakes came from.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think Yagudin definitely deserved to win, no question about it. The 6.0's were definitely surprising, but hey, whats the harm? He was the last skater, and he skated a clean, beautiful program that was deserving of a 5.9 at least, so with no one else to skate, why not go ahead and give him the 6 for drama? I surely would've.

Goeble is really good at the jumps, but his artistry is definitely lacking. I wasn't as impressed by him as the 2 Russians. If he works much more on his artistry, he will be a much better skater.

I like Yagudin and Plushenko. I like Plushenko more, his style is very fun to watch. I like the flashy, Michael Jackson stuff, and the Carmen was great too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts