Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Introduction: Melbourne, Australia is the location of the season's first grand slam! With a full draw of 32, 15 players will receive opening round byes! The opportunity window is significant for all players. Will we see a new champion crowned? Or one of the tour's leading forces? I can't wait to find out and I'm sure you can't either!

Points: All players have 150 points to use, since this is a Grand Slam event. Everyone is required to send new points. I will not use your old points. If a player fails to send points, they will lose by walkover and immediately be removed from the rankings. Points are due Saturday. I repeat, Everyone is required to send new points.

Doubles: Make teams for doubles, everyone! I have made a slight rule change, though. For doubles, one partner must send a specific set of points. The doubles event will take place if four teams or more are made.

Draws:

Singles
(1) Jie Zheng vs. Bye
Elena Dementieva vs. Bye
Klara Koukalova vs. Bye
(6) Venus Williams vs. Bye

(8) Ana Ivanovic vs. Bye
Ekaterina Bychkova vs. Bye
Zi Yan vs. Kim Clijsters
(3) Justine Henin-Hardenne vs. Bye

(4) Patty Schnyder vs. Bye
Nicole Vaidisova vs. Bye
Maria Kirilenko vs. Bye
(5) Lindsay Davenport vs. Bye

(7) Serena Williams vs. Bye
Maria Sharapova vs. Bye
Anastasia Myskina vs. Bye
(2) Francesca Schiavone vs. Bye

Doubles
Ekaterina Bychkova/Zi Yan vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne/Jie Zheng
Anastasia Myskina/Maria Sharapova vs. Serena Williams/Venus Williams

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A Few Notes...

Hello everyone! Before the grand slam begins, I have a few things I'd like to run by you all.

1.) Everyone MUST send new points here. If you don't, you get walked over and taken off the rankings. No questions asked.

2.) For this event only, the two lowest ranked players will not play qualifying! It will be a draw of 32 with random byes, and two unlucky women playing the first round.

3.) I was considering running a doubles event here to see how it goes. To make it easier on myself, you would just pick a partner and each send in singles points. I will flip a coin and one of the players on the team's singles points will face a play of the other team's singles points. It will have the feel of doubles, but without the extra workload.

4.) If doubles works, I may be running a Fed Cup esque competition, with two singles matches and a doubles match. If doubles is a flop, I'll just have you arange 3 different singles players. More details on this if you approve.

I encourage you all to speak up and ask questions! I believe that there were more ideas I wished to discuss, but nothing is coming to mind. I may update this thread with new ideas. Please, feel free to throw in your two cents.

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For doubles commitments, check the "Team Competition" thread. :D

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated. Keep making doubles teams in here and in the Team Competition thread. Don't forget points, everyone. :bounce:

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be sure to read the first thread thoroughly, just in case.

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. :)

I have points from Davenport and Vaidisova so far.

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Ms. Tracy, let's give them tomorrow and the following two days. :p

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Courts Of Melbourne...

Alicia Molik Arena

Rennae Stubbs Arena

Showcourt

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have decided to cancel Federation Cup, sorry everyone. Doubles will go through this week, though. Teams for doubles must be decided by Friday, and points must be in by Saturday. One member of the team sends in a designated set of 150 points divided into for doubles. Teams can be made in this thread or the "Team Competition" thread.

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
maybe u dont cancel federation cup..do it later when we get more teams

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, azmad. Fair enough. Federation Cup is postponed until at least after clay.

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
DF Dementieva said:
Okay, azmad. Fair enough. Federation Cup is postponed until at least after clay.
thanks...cos its a unique format..not many games has it

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The following players arrived today to begin preparation for Melbourne:

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
OMG! When you will stop to change your name? :lol:
BTW, have you recieve my new points?

·