Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
39,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meghan Markle Was Just Called a "Nightmare" by a Wimbledon Official for Wearing Jeans

Meghan Markle Was Just Called a "Nightmare" by a Wimbledon Official for Wearing Jeans

Um, what?

By Alicia Brunker Updated: Jul 10, 2019 @ 12:53 pm

Video

Meghan Markle's low-key outing to see friend Serena Williams play tennis at Wimbledon has turned into one huge drama. First, people were upset with the duchess for her no-photo policy while sitting in the stands, and, now, a Wimbledon official just called her a "nightmare" for committing a fashion faux pas at the games.

For the occasion, Meghan kept it casual in a white and black pinstripe blazer with a T-shirt underneath and jeans. Apparently, it's against etiquette to wear denim in the All England Club members' area where Meghan was sitting, so a lot of people are in an uproar.

Karwai Tang/Getty Images

The Times UK spoke to several on-lookers at the event, and one official said: "It was a nightmare, she was a nightmare." Meanwhile, one club member explained why there were so many issues with Meghan's appearance (in addition to her denim-wearing ways).

Karwai Tang/Getty Images

"She wanted to come incognito but there were problems. They couldn’t invite her into the royal box because she was wearing jeans but that didn’t really matter because all she wanted to do was come and watch Serena," the source said. "Andy Murray was on Court 1 afterwards and it was a massive faux pas not to watch a Brit when she is signed up to the Royal Family."

Understandably, rules are rules, but attacking someone for wearing jeans to a tennis match is a bit extreme.

[InStyle]

Oh give me a fuckin' break. :rolleyes: Leave this woman alone and get a life! Stuffed shirts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Meghan Markle Was Just Called a "Nightmare" by a Wimbledon Offi

Oh, really? First of all the Royal Box is in Centre Court...so that's already a HUGE lie. Serena was NOT playing on Centre Court so how could Meghan expect to sit in the Royal box? Leave this woman alone!

·
Registered
37,750 Posts
Re: Meghan Markle Was Just Called a "Nightmare" by a Wimbledon Official for Wearing J

Maybe it was a fashion faux pas in the 1950s, which is where these stuffy cretins seem to be stuck in.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Re: Meghan Markle Was Just Called a "Nightmare" by a Wimbledon Official for Wearing J

Royal Fashion Police
No jeans and, sandals and trainers? Stiff upper lip establishment. It's a tennis match.

·
Registered
30,682 Posts

I don't think she cares and neither should we.

·
Registered
33,000 Posts

They trying to treat Meghan like TF haters treats Serena, but like Serena Meghan doesn't give a damn about them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carnet and JN

·
Registered
39,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I don't think she cares and neither should we.
Because trolls only care about trolling.

·
Registered
11,598 Posts

I work for a British company and we are are not allowed to wear jeans either. However, since last week we are allowed to wear jeans, but only on Fridays.

·
Registered
39,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

She wasn't called a nightmare just because of her jeans. You are really twisting what happened for outrage.
For outrage? I'm laughing at the Wimbledon official's outrage. :lol: Did you not see the meme? And I'm all but certain it wasn't just because of her jeans. :| But since you seem to think you know everything, please indulge us with the the details.

SN: And how is copy-n-pasting a story "twisting" it? :confused:

·
Registered
33,000 Posts

I work for a British company and we are are not allowed to wear jeans either. However, since last week we are allowed to wear jeans, but only on Fridays.
But that's at work not at a tennis match.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patoranking

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Oh, really? First of all the Royal Box is in Centre Court...so that's already a HUGE lie. Serena was NOT playing on Centre Court so how could Meghan expect to sit in the Royal box? Leave this woman alone!
Did you even read the article? I think not.

First of all, Meghan was NOT in the Royal Box.........so that’s already a HUGE error

·
Registered
2,105 Posts

Considering the nature of the Wimbledon club, its not surprising they have a dress code. I'm sure Americans would have clubs where there are dress codes.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

Mostly, everyone is missing the point. She was not banned. She broke Wimbledon etiquette.

The same etiquette that insists that players wear white and helps make Wimbledon what it is, the #1 tournament in the world.

Wimbledon is a private club and has every right to have dress standards in its members’ area. The members decide that, not the public.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts