Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
25,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my view a definitive GOAT is a myth. Having said that, what are the traits or aspects that your GOAT would have?

Please list you traits below. Feel free to edit your traits if you change your mind.

I'll use everyone' lists to start threads about the traits.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I agree with the above and would say that there clearly must be some variable in relation to the quality of the competition played against, since any GOAT debate invariably brings this up, i.e. Court's Australian titles, Graf's Slam tally post-Seles stabbing, Serena's Slams post-Henin

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am also uninterested in debating who is greater than whom or declaring someone the greatest of all-time.

I will cheat and reply based on measures of greatness in general, not necessarily writing what my "GOAT would have". These are not in any particular order:

*big titles
*other titles
*good winning percentage
*great results on all surfaces
*consistently going deep in tournaments and not just having a few good tournaments a year
*beating the best players
*I also believe that the word "greatness" involves class, sportsmanship, professionalism, and respect, so demonstrating those qualities on a regular basis shows me that someone is great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts