Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Lion, this looks as a very official entry list.
Can you explain the meaning of the "A" in front of Allertova, and why no letter is in front of Schiavone?

Perhaps we can learn more about the subtle rules governing the entry list placement.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Lion, this looks as a very official entry list.
Can you explain the meaning of the "A" in front of Allertova, and why no letter is in front of Schiavone?

Perhaps we can learn more about the subtle rules governing the entry list placement.
Thanks
Idk why Schiavone has no letter, but for Allertova, A means Associate Member. The others are Full Members of the WTA. You can read the details in the rule book (http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/rules2015.pdf) page 407(410).

·
Registered
51 Posts
How can Allertova still be an Associate Member by that definition? :confused:
Note when the membership fees are due - from the US Open but no later than the Elite Trophy, i.e. before the end of season rankings are published.
Presumably this means the 'WTA Ranking ... of 150 or better and played in a minimum of six (6) WTA Tournaments ... in one (1) of the past two (2) Tour years' applies to the preceding two completed seasons, and not the still ongoing one. i.e. players status when joining at the 2015 US Open and thereafter would have been based on their 2013 or 2014 seasons rather than 2014 and last year.

Allertova was 327 in 2013, and though she finished 110 in 2014 she only played 4 WTA events that season, so falls short of eligibility for full membership on that basis.

·
Registered
699 Posts
any link to the pdf of the entry list? i want to see who s below oprandi in the q list :d thanks

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
any link to the pdf of the entry list? i want to see who s below oprandi in the q list :d thanks
That is not the Q list !

It's the MD Alt list. Very different ! Doesn't mean players from there will play qualies. Qualies list will close tomorrow and be released on Tuesday.

Anyway, below Oprandi on the MD Alt list is Torro-Flor.

·
Registered
23,307 Posts
Jorovic playing here :cheer:

·
Premium Member
62,371 Posts
Stefi and Vicky here :hearts:

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
Can people attend trainings of players a few days before the tournament begins ? I'm planing to go tomorrow or on wednesday to Prague ! Thx for the information !

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
MD change :

Barthel OUT
Konjuh IN

Q changes:

Konjuh OUT
Hlavackova IN

Rybarikova OUT
Martincova IN

A. Bogdan OUT
Eguchi IN

Can people attend trainings of players a few days before the tournament begins ? I'm planing to go tomorrow or on wednesday to Prague ! Thx for the information !
It's a WTA International in the middle of the season. For sure you won't find any players (that attend the tournament) there tomorrow and most likely not even on Wednesday :hug: but you can try.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts