Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justine's big fan John McEnroe would like to come back in the doubles tour ... only if Justine wants to step on court with him. He even wonna stop commentating for a while to do it. "If I do something I'll go for a 100%", McEnroe said. The last doublepartner of John was Steffi Graf, who stopped with in after an injury.

Well with Justine's backinjury now she probably don't wonna risc it but why not at the AO? I would love to see it :D:hearts:

·
Registered
802 Posts
:hearts: I would love to see them play together. Where did you hear that ?

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was an article in a Belgian newspaper :)

(Het Laatste nieuws they told me :eek:;))

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks! That's interesting. I suppose they have similar flair in their games but I think John is too weak now!

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
That would be awesome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's not the way he said it on TV. He said he hasn't really thought about doubles because he likes commentating but if he did he might play with Capriati because he knows her well. He was asked if he'd like to play with Justine because he likes watching her play. I don't remember exactly what he said but basicly it was just two commentators passing time with a random discussion.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know were you can find it. they just told it again on Belgian Television (during her match) that she's suffering from a back injury that already started in April. It's not that bad but she seems to suffer from it a bit more at the moment. She will have take some rest after the Masters (3-5 weeks) so she won't play Fed Cup for sure. (it was still doubtfull)

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
It happened like cmasters said. When asked if he'd like to play with Justine he said something like, "Yeah! She's my favorite player to watch; that would be great." But he is friends with the Capriati family and I bet if he decided to play he'd go to her first. Neither Justine nor Jennifer is much of a doubles player, though. I don't know if Justine has played doubles at all this year. Steffi, too, was not famous for doubles, but she was still a more accomplished doubles player than these two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts