Tennis Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35,945 Posts
VeeReeDavJCap81 said:
I can't wait to see if it pays off. Hopefully Venus will keep that attitude throughout the whole year.
I think she had that attitude all through last year to be honest. Many people don't realize that last year was the first time in her career that she played a FULL 17 tournament schedule. She's never liked losing, but now she's actually employing hitting partners who will give her technical advice for the first time in a while. IMO she's hungrier than Serena, and even was last year...the results just haven't necessarily shown it since Serena is more naturally talented.

·
Registered
33,472 Posts
As I've said time and time again...
"The Williams Dynasty Will Ri-iiiiiise Again" :bounce:

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Bradshaw#1 said:
I think she had that attitude all through last year to be honest. Many people don't realize that last year was the first time in her career that she played a FULL 17 tournament schedule. She's never liked losing, but now she's actually employing hitting partners who will give her technical advice for the first time in a while. IMO she's hungrier than Serena, and even was last year...the results just haven't necessarily shown it since Serena is more naturally talented.
I dont think Serena is more talented she just worked very very hard on her game. Venus has raw talent, Richard said a few years go that Venus didnt practice much at all and she was still winning tournaments and going deep in the Grand Slams. Now that the game is changing again Venus needs to take it to another level.

·
Registered
33,472 Posts
xr6turbo said:
I dont think Serena is more talented she just worked very very hard on her game. Venus has raw talent, Richard said a few years go that Venus didn't practice much at all and she was still winning tournaments and going deep in the Grand Slams. Now that the game is changing again Venus needs to take it to another level.
Too true. :yeah:
One thing I've noticed, on this board in particular, is that people make a ton of disparaging remarks about Serena, but can't deny that the girl works her ass off to maintain her elite level of play. :)

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
xr6turbo said:
I dont think Serena is more talented she just worked very very hard on her game. Venus has raw talent, Richard said a few years go that Venus didnt practice much at all and she was still winning tournaments and going deep in the Grand Slams. Now that the game is changing again Venus needs to take it to another level.
I agree, Venus is more naturally talented than Serena. Venus was the prodigy and Serena was the also-ran. Serena worked very hard, and is a perfectionist and that's why she's a better technical player than Venus. If Venus can get her technical game a lot better, she'll be back on top for sure.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,924 Posts
Good for Miss Vee, but don't you find this quote strange??

." Oddly enough, there was also a recent Venus sighting at the tennis center in Queens, playing indoors with the air-conditioning turned off.
I mean who needs a/c in New York in January?? Is there an Indian summer I didn't hear about ?? :lol:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.