Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what Wertheim said in today's tennis mailbag to be very interesting:

This from the USTA publicity machine: "Venus Williams didn't waste any time trying to retool her game after returning from her fourth-round loss at the Australian Open. As soon as she got back to the United States, Williams called the USA Tennis High Performance West Coast Training Center to find someone to hit with. On Saturday (the day her sister won the women's singles title) Venus hit with USTA Coach David Nainkin. The two also had four-hour training sessions during three of the next four days before Williams left for home on Wednesday." Oddly enough, there was also a recent Venus sighting at the tennis center in Queens, playing indoors with the air-conditioning turned off. :bounce:

I hope this is true & she is ready to really begin working hard on her game again. It's nice to see she went to another coach for some help. Oracene can only do so much :)

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I am still optimistic that it is only a matter of time before HER game clicks again and she'll be a contender. Yes, it would be very exciting to have so many contenders at the same time. It makes all of the tournaments just THAT much more exciting. When Lindsay was on a tear last year (and I LIKE Lindsay!), it was a bit discouraging because the outcome was always fairly clear. It'll be nice to have yet another player in the mix! C'mon Venus!

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
I guess this answers those questions from people seeing
her at fashion events and premiere's this past week! ;)

Venus loves her diamonds! :cool:

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Go on, Vee! Whatever she does to regain top form, is always welcome. I would just luv to see her win that diamond racket. She deserves nothing but the best!!! :)

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
As long as Venus is happy and healthy and feels right in making these decisions towards her growing and everlasting career, that is all a fan can hope for! :) ;)

Venus is improving, we've seen, especially in Australia. If she keeps it up, we may find ourselves witnessing a Williams Sister Slam.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
cartmancop said:
She's got a great shot @ the Diamond Racquet. Esp. with Kuznetsova & Elena D. not playing b/c of the Belgian drug scandal thing.
IMO, I think she fares better with Kuznetsova
than Dementieva due to Elena's constant
shots to the forehand.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its good to see Venus training hard. She is one of my favourites and I definately hope she will start to win again! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
You scared me :eek: The heading had me thinking Venus was retiring.

The little bit makes me happy. Anything to make Venus better and really grip that motivation and hunger for all it's worth.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
This is very good news. I'm sure she wants to go after that raquet. I hope she will get her wish soon. I am just praying that she doesn't suffer any minor injuries as this has been one of her biggest hurdles. Go Venus!!! I love you no matter what's the outcome.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
All I can do is :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: to that news.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
....and STOP EATING MCDONALD's VEE...i like seeing you on the tv ads though...;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.