Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it certainly is in doubt whether Monica will even PLAY the Us Open, much less be close to healthy.

But what if she IS close to healthy? With Serena out, Venus doubtful, and Lindsay/Jennifer impressing nobody, she may actually have a shot at it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
25,436 Posts
i just wish her healthy, i want so much to see her play, i don't care win or lose any more now :angel:

if she is healthy and play like she did in watson challenge in HK, without serena out and venus not very healthy, she really has a chance, lets go monica :bounce:

Reactions: disposablehero

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been thinking the very same thing, dh....but I don't know...should she try to play? She typically comes roaring out of the blocks after injury time-outs, but the humid, hard-court conditions offered by the US Open can't be good for a recovering stress fracture. You're quite right about Serena's absence and the somewhat uneven play of the others...normally, it'd make Monica's mouth water!

I know she doesn't want the surgery option, but if only she'd gone for it back in March, she'd be no worse off than she is right now, and next year would be a clean slate. I know it is now, anyway, but this bloody injury has a knack of hanging around like a cheap suit :mad:

Whatever she does, I'm sure we're all behind her....but wouldn't another GS title be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :drool:

·
Registered
27,346 Posts
vancouverite said:
I've been thinking the very same thing, dh....but I don't know...should she try to play? She typically comes roaring out of the blocks after injury time-outs, but the humid, hard-court conditions offered by the US Open can't be good for a recovering stress fracture. You're quite right about Serena's absence and the somewhat uneven play of the others...normally, it'd make Monica's mouth water!

I know she doesn't want the surgery option, but if only she'd gone for it back in March, she'd be no worse off than she is right now, and next year would be a clean slate. I know it is now, anyway, but this bloody injury has a knack of hanging around like a cheap suit :mad:

Whatever she does, I'm sure we're all behind her....but wouldn't another GS title be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :drool:
Yes,we are all behind her :D Go Monica :bounce:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
If she plays and is healthy, with all the withdrawals/potential withdrawals you just never know what could happen....

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
There's rumors that she could play New Haven!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

·
Banned
1,211 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts