Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that when Amelie retired from her match tonight it was just an upset stomach, but I saw an article that said she was suffering from food poisoning since yesterday, but it got worse today. She said she was going to rest and hopefully be fine for the US Open. I think her part of the draw starts on Tuesday, so she should get enough rest and I hope she feels better. I am not much of a fan of hers becasue of some things she has said about Venus and Serena, but food poisoning is nothing to joke about.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
Cara Black had it too....

Funny to note, Anne Worster, tournament director, each year gives the players a Passport to all the area restaurants. The player with the most stamps (different visited restaurants) wins a prize. Last years winner: Conchita Martinez.

Maybe Ann conspired to have Momo get ill? ;)

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M_pIeRcE14 said:
Are you sure that Amelie plays on Tuesday? I would love you if that was true.
I am basing that on the fact that the draw with the top seed and/or defending champion usually, but not always, starts on Tuesday. Since the defeding champion isn't playing, but the top seed is, my guess is that Amelie is playing on Tuesday. We will know for sure by Sunday evening.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
The defending champion/#1 does not necessarily play first at the Open. It's pretty much whatever is convenient for the USTA and TV coverage.

I've heard rumour that bottom 1/2 is up Monday... but that's pure rumour at this point.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seles said:
The defending champion/#1 does not necessarily play first at the Open. It's pretty much whatever is convenient for the USTA and TV coverage.

I've heard rumour that bottom 1/2 is up Monday... but that's pure rumour at this point.
If that is the case, then you just proved what I said was correct.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
When I was watching the first set, I thought she looked distressed. I thought she was distressed about the way she was playing, but now I understand that the sick look on her face was because she really was sick.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
lizchris said:
I thought that when Amelie retired from her match tonight it was just an upset stomach, but I saw an article that said she was suffering from food poisoning since yesterday, but it got worse today. She said she was going to rest and hopefully be fine for the US Open. I think her part of the draw starts on Tuesday, so she should get enough rest and I hope she feels better. I am not much of a fan of hers becasue of some things she has said about Venus and Serena, but food poisoning is nothing to joke about.
She has to play Monday..the top half is up Monday. She still has Sunday to recover..I can't imagine it'll be that bad for her Monday...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.