Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these two is more likely to win a Grand Slam first ? Mauresmo has maintained her body very well, thus she has enjoyed relatively good health; however, Kim does carry around a few extra pounds and has had so many problems with her wrist. I think that it's actually more vital to Kim to win a Grand Slam sooner than later, than it is for Mauresmo ... Mauresmo is going to have the extended career and let's be honest, Kim does so many splits and her game is so physically demanding that I'm sure even she doesn't expect to have an "extended" career if you will, but all those issues aside I'd say Kim before Mauresmo.

Kim is mentally strong.
Kim is consistent.
Kim has suffered so much adversity within the last 2 years that winning a GS is the least of her worries.

On the flip side:
Mauresmo is mentally weak.
Mauresmo is consistently choking.
Mauresmo just doesn't have the game to stack up against Big Babe Tennis (Lindsay, Venus, Serena) on the bigger stages.

I've yet to see Mauresmo against Masha other than @ the YEC, so I'm not quite sure how she'd handle her ... but she seems to be so mentally weak and out of control that it drives you insane. How about her going to Yannick Noah for help on how to win Roland Garros ?

Here's a suggestion:
Take your racquet out there and show some courage for once.

It's disappointing to see because frankly I feel that if Mauresmo were a tad more mentally strong and played in a different era we'd be talking about a 5-7 career GS title holder ... instead we have beautiful tennis and a weak frame of mind. :(

Kim is just scrappier than Mauresmo.

·
Registered
52,354 Posts
this topic has been done so many times already :eek:

I hope Momo wins one soon!! :bounce: :angel:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
kim!!!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Clijsters. Momo is decent, but come on...Clijsters owns her

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Kim has suffered adversity? What did her ice cream melt in the sun? Poor thing. Lets give her a cookie.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Mauresmo has maintained her body very well, thus she has enjoyed relatively good health;
That is pure comedy!!!! Momo can give Serena a run for her money with all the injuries she's had throughout her career. It's true that she's in good shape, but that woman is as fragile as a 50ft stack of empty soda cans in the Chicago winds...

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Clijsters, no contest.

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
clijsters.........younger...more talented....has come close more times to win a gs compared to mauresmo

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Mauresmo but not for the reasons that were mentioned. She has some good wins this year and is trying new things on the court at least she did on grass. I think she should stick to that serve and volley style she played on grass. Taking Lindsay on grass in three is a good sign, where as losing to Lindsay and Peng on Clay and hard is not at least not coming from Kim.

It will depend on health and whoever can play the big points well.:)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
clijsters will eventually get there, my hope for amerie is almost gone:(

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I give Clijsters a mental edge, though with these two, that's not saying much. Kim can get to a slam final before choking, Amelie's gags start in the QF. If Kim can get to a final (she can beat anyone en route) and meet someone who plays bad in the final or chokes too, Kim can snatch it! Sadly, I don't give Amelie much hope in a QF or SF against someone decent, and I think she'd be terrible in a final no matter who she played. That said, I hope they both win a slam, they both have great games and are truly nice dames. I just think Kim is overall far stronger in all the necessary departments over Amelie.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
The thing about Mauresmo is her game is SO suited to Roland Garros, but she isn't. The faster the surface, the better chance baseline power hitters have against her. But I simply can't believe Clijsters will win a slam from two meters behind the baseline. Ultimately, I have to go with Mauresmo, because I think she can win OZ.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Volcana's genius strikes again. For one who likes to bend statistics so much, I'd like to see you just try and find statistics that somehow make a case for Amelie over Kim.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts