Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive always thought this....but i thought it might just be biased. but its not. watching it today, i think its better than Henin's. she hits it much heavier, its more reliant, and she hits the d-t-l better than any other one hander on tour

anyone else agree??

im scared about tomorrow :p

Go Serena and Momo ;):):cool:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I agree! Even Justine herself once said in an interview that she was surprised that people think her backhand is a beautiful shot because she said her technique wasn't the norm. I think all of Amelie's shots are beautiful, she has such grace and flow but her backhand is a beauty.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
AMELIES is for sure a better shot. Not as beautiful to watch and not as fluid, but the fact she has such a great physicque and can really rip in to it for a heavier ball makes it the better shot.

·
Registered
876 Posts
selesfan said:
I agree! Even Justine herself once said in an interview that she was surprised that people think her backhand is a beautiful shot because she said her technique wasn't the norm. I think all of Amelie's shots are beautiful, she has such grace and flow but her backhand is a beauty.
You're right about Momo's shots, they are all very good!

But for me, Justine's backhand stays the most beautiful and the most effective in the world, she can really destroy players, using her backhand! Also her forehand was great last week, her forehand is really improving, she can hit beautiful winners nowadays with that shot!

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amelie's b/h is a beautiful shot to watch! :confused:

on more than one occasion i was left speechless by it! :eek:

she had me clapping her amazing game....and i was supporting Jennifer :p

gotta :hearts: Amelie tho....i think all round, her game is right up there...

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Toss-up for me, but the best I've seen a woman hit a one-hander, was the 99 A.O. Semi. Momo -v-Lindsay....absolutely stunning.

I've seen Juju's backhand overpowered before.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Though Momo's backhand is much more heavier than Henin...I think the latter one tends to put more spin and place the shaper angle than Momo..and I think Justine's backford is more effective

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Henin's a little more confident to hit winners from her backhand, which makes it more of a WEAPON in my opinion.

That said, I've ALWAYS thought the Mauresmo backhand is heavier, more potent shot than any other. She rips over the ball and can muscle tremendous pace from the backhand side that no other one hander can do - including Henin.

It's the strength of the Mauresmo backhand and ability to match pace without losing length that makes it so wonderful.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Hmm...

Momo's is more gracefull and fluid, but Justines comes from nowhere and its like WOW! I'm hard pressed to split the two.

How about the worst...

Pistolesi or Stevenson?

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Justine can do everything with her backhand, Momo is more powerfull

It depends on what game you like .. powerfull you go for Mauresmo, technique you choose Justine ...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Hmm...

Momo's is more gracefull and fluid, but Justines comes from nowhere and its like WOW! I'm hard pressed to split the two.

How about the worst...

Pistolesi or Stevenson?
No you fool. The girl in my avatar has the worst backhand.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
I can't remember watching a match with Mauresmo in it, so I wouldn't know. What I do know is, I get shivers down my spine whenever I see a succesfull BH of Justine, and that has happened alot :D

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I think Amelie has the better one...she has more power on it. While Justine has lots of variety.
But the fact that it is so powerful gives her the benefit... variety in a backhand is not something hard courts appreciate, hat is why Justine never seems to beat a Williams on a hard court, while Amelie at least gets close, becasue the weight of her shots matter.
Serena is in trouble tomorrow, I can predict that. She has to play smart and hit to Amelies' forehand, which is not shabby either of a shot.

Go get em Serena

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stevensons b/h isnt all that bad :p

02 indoors it was firing :p

it was like "OMG SHES FINALLY DEVELOPED A DOWN THE LINE BACKHAND! :eek:" :p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Well yes but she managed to get her crap together in those blessed 5 weeks, and its gone walkies ever since! It just goes everywhere but the court.

I mean in Virtua Tennis 2 the game, I can;t beat Alex because of that blasted backhand.

As for Anna P, its all the topspin it makes me nauscious.

·
Registered
18,388 Posts
Most definitely Mauresmo has the more powerful backhand but I don't think it's better than Justine's. Amelie's backhand is very powerful but not as effective as Justine's. Justine's backhand has variety and great placement and angles, which to me isn't always the case with Amelie's - she tends to just shoot with it.

I think Justine's forehand is her more powerful shot and not the backhand; the backhand is just more effective and more of a weapon.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
Amelie's b/h is a beautiful shot to watch! :confused:

on more than one occasion i was left speechless by it! :eek:

she had me clapping her amazing game....and i was supporting Jennifer :p

gotta :hearts: Amelie tho....i think all round, her game is right up there...
I don't know what it is but when I watch Amelie play when she is on, I am really memerized by the quality of her shots. I have a sister who doesn't follow tennis as fanatically as I do, watch her match against Jen at Wimbledon last year and she was also speechless.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Justine's backhand is more reliable and has more variety to it, which helps her alot. Amelie definitely has the stronger backhand, but her technique isn't as pretty as Justine's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts