Tennis Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,252 Posts
Well, Bartoli/Henin at Wimbledon 2007 immediately springs to mind. She couldn't have been any more of an underdog and she was being outplayed for a set and a half.

·
Registered
114,046 Posts
Usually its the favorite who breaks down. An underdog who played great was Djokovic when he beat Federer in NY. That forehand down match point was one of the great clutch shots of all time

Reactions: Oladesuo

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
Usually its the favorite who breaks down. An underdog who played great was Djokovic when he beat Federer in NY. That forehand down match point was one of the great clutch shots of all time
I don't think that's quite what the OP was talking about. A good example from the ATP would be Berdych beating Nadal at the 2015 AO, after previously having lost to him 18 times in a row.

·
Registered
114,046 Posts
That was Sharapova after the suspension. She was a different player
Drug free!
Kerber had improved and now that doesnt seem that wild, that she can beat Vika
I picked that one because the younger player Nole, was making a huge statement that he's still making
I'm fine with all these examples.
Wozniacki beat Stephens 5 times in a row, then lost in New Zealand. But it was crazy winds and rain delays and I didnt think Woz was mentally into it. They played one last time, she beat Sloane 62 63 right before Stephens won her major
I usually think the favorite is having a bad day

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Stosur in that final where she ripped Serena in NY No active player was capable of beating Stosur that day.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts