Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my little :fiery: now i'm more :angel:

ok this is my thought, instead of "panic" about Mary injury I will try to persuade myself that Mary is still a little bit injured not too much but she maybe needs more time to recover and be completely fit so ...

why going to the US (IW and Miami) instead of resting, taking care of her foot and get ready for the clay season, that would mean no changement of surface more time to train (on her favourite surface...) and be ready for THE tournament RG :D

Mary never had an injury like that before, it's just a tendinitis and inflamation not as serious as Monica or some others players, if it was her shoulder well yes I would have been more scare but not for the foot.

Mary is not stupid, she prooved to us many times she knows what to do and when to do it...she will be back for the clay season at Amelia island...

tell me what do you think about it guys?

:angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, there's been a long time I have not written here.

It is so revolting to see Mary's path for the last months... I cannot understand the tough loss to Kim Clisjsters in the US Open final, I cannot accept the defeat to Mauresmo in the YEC's final and mostly it was rather ugly (for the use of lighter word...) to see her lose to someone called Iveta Benesova. Didn't she said she was going to prepare hard in the off-season to try and gain many points to be number one? It didn't show.

Then, losing so early, why didn't she stay in the Pacific and go to Tokyo to pick points and matches for a better start of the season?

Losing pretty square to Amélie in the first set of the final in Paris, like she did against Venus in Wimbledon? Sorry folks but it is unacceptable for a top player and a veteran with loads of experience.

Now comes the double IW/Miami. She almost never played those tournaments over the years. Immaturity I guess. But now... She didn't even consider playing Miami, a mandatory tournament. Ok, you can seem really cool for not obbeying the rules of the system (WTA), but as professional player you are a part of the system...

And now Pierce says she wants to play Amelia Island and Charleston, and then probably Berlin and Rome, with Fed Cup in between. Is it possible for someone like Pierce to play 5 weeks out of 6?

I know that now most of you must be thinking I'm just a stupid unfair fan. Well, I've been following Mary since RG 1994 and I must say I'm tired of all this misconcetion of schedules, these do's and don'ts of all her career, all those unreasonable stories. Being a fan means accepting everything? Well, maybe I don't go by the book...

Wish Pierce all the best and I hope she gets her Wimbledon title.

·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with some of your thoughts (USO YEC) but what i personnaly see is Mary is the only top player which is playing "only" 13 tournaments a year (maybe Juju but not as long as Mary) and being still a top ten player, she always did what was good for her and well i think it did work out all over her career.
I would like her to play more often but we can't change it that is the way she does, she doesn't play for money or glory, she doesn't like to be in the spot light, she just like to play, sometime it' strange, can lose or win to anybody but it's our Mary.
I mad about her injury, she was suppose to be fit but we all know she didn't train the way she should have during the off season, she moved, she was sick and this f....g injury which is folowing her since the begining of january.

I just hope this nightmare is going to end very quickly with a great victory

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
I have to agree Saby, Mary definaly is not stupid. I think that for sure Mary does not want to ruin her chances for the clay season by playing the hard courts.

Yeah I would love for Mary to play more, but to be honest she is a bit injury prone. And Mary is playing less in one way to play longer.

Yes I want the injury to stop !!!

Mary does not deserve all of this bad luck !! God please looks upon Mary !!!

take care and thank you

Mark

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I think Mary is off to a slow start like last year - I think she will pick it up @ the red clay courts :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
mannnnnnnnnn
i hate that so muccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
This has really ruined my day. But I know Mary knows what she is doing. Hopefully she will recover and be fully fit for the clay court season.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I agree that Mary should miss both Iw and Miami. She could use that time to prepare properly for the clay court season. I think she will use at least two weeks to prepare for clay season. I think its a good idea coz she can find her rthyem again. I think playing both IW and Miami would have ruined Mary's clay court chances coz she would be tired. Now she will be rested and fit and I'm expecting a great result at Amelia Islands.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I guess it would be a good idea to skip both, since Mary does love the clay! Will she still be playing Charleston if she is going to play Amelia Island the week before?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Mary should play miami, is such a important tournament!

·
Registered
872 Posts
zibaas said:
Mary should play miami, is such a important tournament!
No it would be non-sense I mean ...

If she's not able to play Indian wells, it means that she's not yet able to really train on hardcourts...

So I think it would not be serious to train in March to play ONE tournament on hardcourt and then, to be forced to play on clay without training so much, taking the risk to have an injury (because running on clay is not the same than running on hardcourt) ...

If she can't play Indian, it's better not to play Miami ... instead of going there, she will prepare clay season ! That means she'll play on clay at least something like one month before the clay season starts !
I hope she will be in shape for Amelia Island, with a good preparation, and that she'll be able to win easily her first round match to regain confidence in her tennis !

She'll be one of the top 4 seed probably, and I just hope she'll enjoy playing !
And we all know that Mary loves playing, so with this fucking injury, she'll be happier than ever to play :angel:
And, who knows, Lindsay Davenport and Nadia Petrova are all but unbeatable ...

But first, I just hope one thing : Mary to be back on court without any injury in her mind and on her body !
After all, she has Roland Garros to win :cool:

Reactions: saby

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah ... you´re right, but did she withdraw yet from IW??
Get well soon Mary ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Oh well...Mary is just an injury prone player...and hopefully her desicion to skip Indian Wells and Miami will help her to recover well...:sad:

But personally I'd love her to at least try playing these US hardcourt tourneys...after all she has had success before there...remember IW 2000 where she crushed Serena 6-1 6-2..???;)

Anyway...Mary is never known for her consistency..but we have to stay positive and hope this injury is nothing serious...and hopefully Mary will win in the claycourt tourneys...:angel:

Go Mary...!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi y'all et salut les fanatics de Mary! I first want to say that I think that this is simply a wonderful forum which I have been visiting since Mary's renaissance, and that I felt compelled to write because of this latest dissappointment. What's most frustrating is that after her stellar 2005, she's had the chance to at least make the top three since January, but she's only played 6 matches and is taking March off. While she's made the final of OGF, three months into the season and she's no where to be seen.

I only hope that Mary, indeed, excells during the claycourt season and actually gains enough points to pass Lindsey and Maria for the the #4 seed at Roland Garros. She should also consider skipping the first Fed Cup tie to rest and fine tune her game for the red dirt. At this point in her career, she should be wise and commit only to the latter stages of Fed Cup; besides, the French have a solid team with her on the sidelines. If she does manage to secure the #4 seed--Kim and Amelie are too far in front of her, and Justine has been impeccable, gaining points since the beginning of the season-- then I hope she can have an easier road to the quarterfinals and be fresh to battle the real contenders. I have no doubt that an in form Mary can beat anyone on clay, even Amelie and Justine, for the Roland Garros title.
Cheers

·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
drez said:
Hi y'all et salut les fanatics de Mary! I first want to say that I think that this is simply a wonderful forum which I have been visiting since Mary's renaissance, and that I felt compelled to write because of this latest dissappointment. What's most frustrating is that after her stellar 2005, she's had the chance to at least make the top three since January, but she's only played 6 matches and is taking March off. While she's made the final of OGF, three months into the season and she's no where to be seen.

I only hope that Mary, indeed, excells during the claycourt season and actually gains enough points to pass Lindsey and Maria for the the #4 seed at Roland Garros. She should also consider skipping the first Fed Cup tie to rest and fine tune her game for the red dirt. At this point in her career, she should be wise and commit only to the latter stages of Fed Cup; besides, the French have a solid team with her on the sidelines. If she does manage to secure the #4 seed--Kim and Amelie are too far in front of her, and Justine has been impeccable, gaining points since the beginning of the season-- then I hope she can have an easier road to the quarterfinals and be fresh to battle the real contenders. I have no doubt that an in form Mary can beat anyone on clay, even Amelie and Justine, for the Roland Garros title.
Cheers
First of all welcome :D

Second, do you really want to kill me :eek: if Mary doesn't play Fed cup I will be very upset, she should be fine by that time and it will be a good training for RG, God i only go to the fed cup to see Mary, if she 's not playing hell i can't think of it :mad: (perhaps i don't really think the french team will not pass that esealy...tha's my thought)

Mary is unbelieveble, you never know, she is unpredicteble,

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Saby,
Thanks for the welcome. I know you're a die-hard Mary fan ever since I began checking in on the forum. I think the most thrilling French Fed Cup moment last year was MAry coming back to beat Myskina, and then giving her all for the final doubles rubber. I've been living in Switzerland for the past two years and I am so grateful to have not just Eurosport France, but also the French television channel. I remember how exciting the weekend final was last year. I was lucky enough to be in Besoncon (is that how it's spelled) with a bunch of drunk patriotic Frenchmen. But, that was the final. I think Mauresmo can continue to carry the team and I don't see why Tatiana or Dechy can't step it up. In fact, I secretly hope that Emilie Loit is chosen. She's just a pleasure to watch. I'm sure Mary can play the later rounds when she's needed. She doesn't have to prove anything. Even if Amelie just won Australia, all of France witnessed during the Fed Cup Finals just how explosive, commanding, and exciting Mary really is. In fact, I remember a healthy Amelie pulling out of the finals a couple of years ago against the Russians. Even then, an injured Mary showed up in Moscow. It seems she's done more than her share for the team.

I only say this because I have a feeling that she's going to find her form at Amelia and then be on fire at Charlston. I can still remember when she lost 9 or so games in winning the title in 2000. She's done well in both Berlin and Rome, and so I hope she just fully fit to contend for those titles also, or atleast get into the latter stages of the tournaments. I doubt that she'll go on a tear like Justin and win everything. Mary rarely wins two tournaments in a row. (Has she ever? She's made the final of both Berlin and Rome consecutively though.) I just don't want her to be burned out before Roland Garros. I'm hoping that she'll be fresh enough to fight for two week.
Cheers
By the way, where's the Fed Cup being played this year? If it's in France, I'm defintely there!

·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
drez said:
Hi Saby,
Thanks for the welcome. I know you're a die-hard Mary fan ever since I began checking in on the forum. I think the most thrilling French Fed Cup moment last year was MAry coming back to beat Myskina, and then giving her all for the final doubles rubber. I've been living in Switzerland for the past two years and I am so grateful to have not just Eurosport France, but also the French television channel. I remember how exciting the weekend final was last year. I was lucky enough to be in Besoncon (is that how it's spelled) with a bunch of drunk patriotic Frenchmen. But, that was the final. I think Mauresmo can continue to carry the team and I don't see why Tatiana or Dechy can't step it up. In fact, I secretly hope that Emilie Loit is chosen. She's just a pleasure to watch. I'm sure Mary can play the later rounds when she's needed. She doesn't have to prove anything. Even if Amelie just won Australia, all of France witnessed during the Fed Cup Finals just how explosive, commanding, and exciting Mary really is. In fact, I remember a healthy Amelie pulling out of the finals a couple of years ago against the Russians. Even then, an injured Mary showed up in Moscow. It seems she's done more than her share for the team.

I only say this because I have a feeling that she's going to find her form at Amelia and then be on fire at Charlston. I can still remember when she lost 9 or so games in winning the title in 2000. She's done well in both Berlin and Rome, and so I hope she just fully fit to contend for those titles also, or atleast get into the latter stages of the tournaments. I doubt that she'll go on a tear like Justin and win everything. Mary rarely wins two tournaments in a row. (Has she ever? She's made the final of both Berlin and Rome consecutively though.) I just don't want her to be burned out before Roland Garros. I'm hoping that she'll be fresh enough to fight for two week.
Cheers
By the way, where's the Fed Cup being played this year? If it's in France, I'm defintely there!
As long Mary is playing I don't care about who is playing with her ;)
The Fed cup will take place in Nancy a nice "warm" city :rolleyes: it's snowing right now over there....

Mary Vs Miskyna was :hearts: in live

Berlin and Rome she was injured :sad:

Mary will be fine for the clay season......hum i'm going to burn a huge candle in Notre Dame ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts