Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pierce to play in Family Circle Cup

Associated Press

CHARLESTON, S.C. - Past winner Mary Pierce will return to the Family Circle Cup in April.

Pierce, ranked No. 6 in the world, won the Australian Open in 1995 and the French Open in 2000. She also won the doubles at Roland Garros and the Family Circle Cup that year and tied her career-high ranking of No. 3 in the world.

After an injury-riddled 2001, Pierce began a comeback that culminated last year with a return to the top five with runner-up finishes at the French and U.S. Open as well as the WTA season-ending championships.

"Mary's commitment to her sport is just as strong today as it's ever been, and her results prove it," tournament director Robin Reynolds said. "What she accomplished on the court last year was truly remarkable. She is an exciting player to watch and has always been a crowd favorite here at the Cup."

Pierce joins Serena Williams and past champions Venus Williams and Justine Henin-Hardenne in the tournament that runs April 8-16 at the Family Circle Tennis Center on Daniel Island.

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Yes I am so happy about this. I would have thought for sure she would enter here.

Best Of luck to you Mary

Mark

·
Registered
240 Posts
GReat COME ON MARY :) :p

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Great news!!
GOOD LUCK MARY!!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I must say I'm not that surprised;) But nice to get an eraly confirmation on this!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hum, about the Belgium tour, Lena D is in, so Mary is out??

Reactions: ~{X}~

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
zibaas said:
Hum, about the Belgium tour, Lena D is in, so Mary is out??
I think it depends on wether Kim Clijsters decides to play or not. But maybe Mary turned down the one they gave to Dementieva. :shrug:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Belmont Lad said:
I think it depends on wether Kim Clijsters decides to play or not. But maybe Mary turned down the one they gave to Dementieva. :shrug:
but can't she receive a wild card ?? ;)

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Mary always goes to the FCC is is a great tune up to RG 2006

Mark

·
Registered
751 Posts
Great news...good luck Mary....let the year 2000 repeat itself!!!:worship:

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
That would be just great. I am praying for that so much.

mark

:worship:
mamno_MARYFAN said:
Great news...good luck Mary....let the year 2000 repeat itself!!!

Reactions: ~{X}~

·
Registered
37 Posts
go mary :bounce:

good luck :kiss:

I miss you :wavey:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts