Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping for an upset here. From what I have seen so far, Mary has played like she deserves to be in the quarterfinals. On the other hand, Anastasia deserved to be out in the second round the way she was playing. She has benefited from a draw that gave her weak opponents who beat themselves more than she beat them.

Mary will win in straight sets.

BTW, whene was the last time Anastasia beat anyone in the top ten?

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Anastasia :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
21,093 Posts
Hmm well I'm hoping Mary! She's playing so well it looks like she's getting her game back and I want her to get some confidence.

Mary can win in two but she's gotta be aggressive like today and really go for her serves like she did with Dokic. Myskina will try to exploite her movement.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Anastasia is too fast for Mary.

And Myskina beat Rubin at the Australian earlier this year, which, I think, was her last top 10 scalp.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Ana aint playing great, at the momment. Put who knows, my girls never play well until the crunch time. I love Mart to so I dont mind who wins.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Mary will win. Mary beat Nastya earlier this year, when Nastya was playing much better tennis than right now.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Natsya is playing like crap these last couple of matches, while Mary is playing pretty well. If they both play like they were, then mary will win for sure.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
Hopefully they will both pull out, saving me the displeasure of having to watch one of them in a quarterfinal next week.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Did Myskina win ?

When I last looked she was 4-0 down ... well done :).

Still have to favour Mary to win this though, she's striking the ball pretty well and she's also beaten Myskina recently I believe.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Myskina is a joke...that match with her and Antonella was a bigger joke...I hope Mary crushes her...

She needs to do something with that serve...what the hell is she doing when she is working with Landsdorp...is she even still with him...I saw him practicing with Sharapova, but never with Myskina

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Hope Mary will teach some nice lessons for Myskina.
Her rank is too high..she doesn't deserve that!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I hope Mary can win so she can get the bonus point of beating a top ten player, it would be so great.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Anastasia :D

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
H2H
Myskina leads 2:1

2002-04-01 Sarasota Clay R16 Myskina (RUS) 6-4 3-6 7-6(4)
2003-02-10 Doha Hardcourt R16 Myskina (RUS) 7-5 6-4
2003-04-07 Charleston Clay R32 Pierce (FRA) 6-4 1-6 6-2

These two new rivals met twice this year. Mary one a tough 3-setter on clay. Anastasia won decisively on hardcourts.

Mary definitely has rebounded in the fitness department this summer, and her mental focus was on display in her match against Jelena.

I agree with Liz and PMac: Mary's match to lose.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts