Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!What do you guys think about that Mary is playing in Hobart this week..??I think that Mary should not play because my opinion is that she has to come through her leg injury.....It is always so nice to see her playing but i really want that she plays in Aus open so this is a little bit chance.....but i hope that Mary Goes far and play such an good games and who knows she might be on the top in Tasmania!!

ATTENTION!!Mary Pierce-Kristina Brandi TOMORROW!!!!!
Allez Mary!!:kiss: :kiss:

·
25,372 Posts
You may be right.

The only reasons I can think of for her entering Hobart are:

1. She's defending points, and a 0 here drops her down closer to
a rank of 200 than 100!

2. Mary may figure if she can't make it through Hobart, then
she won't last far in the Aussi either.
OR

3. The injury isn't that serious, but she pulled out at Hong Kong(which was only an exhibition) to be on the safe side, a smart thing with her history of injuries.

Just my guesses. I wish her luck.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I think that it's a good thing that she plays - we have to assume that she's entered because she thinks she'll be fit (although we thought that a lot of times last year) so her injury can't be that bad.

Also, it will do her a lot of good to get a string of wins under her belt before Oz. It will boost her confidence.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think what Mary desperately needs is some confidence. With that she will be more positive, and I tell you, she will get less injuries, because some of it has to be the head. Barbara Schett is not easy to beat, and she beat her convincingly after not playing for a year effectively. I think the injury is do with all the training she has had to do in Scottsdale, and hopefully it will clear up. She just has to play lots - and enter the small tournaments and perhaps win a few and then thinking about taking on some of the bigger guns. Mary Pierce ain't through yet - she has returned desperate to play tennis, she feels she has another Slam in her, her back and shoulder have healed (OH GOD - lets pray this time) - so this leg thing is nothing in comparison to lumber inflammation. Remember it is the beginning of the year, she has not played for yonks, and is underconfident. But lets still cheer her on because we know she is gonna do it!!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts