Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not many of you are interested in doubles but good effort by Mary & Rennae to win 3-6 7-6 6-3 to set up a semi final with Navratilova & Kuznetsova.

Paola and Virginia mustn't like playing Mary in doubles. She's beaten them this year twice, once with Rennae and once with Nadia Petrova as well as having that French Open final win over them along with Martina Hingis.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Paola & Virginia needs to separate now....their team has been very successful but others have adjusted to their games already.:sad:

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sunnysideup said:
Paola & Virginia needs to separate now....their team has been very successful but others have adjusted to their games already.:sad:
Well that's rubbish. They've won titles and made three grand slam finals this year. Hardly a struggling partnership.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:d

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Guess that means no #1 ranking for Virginia :(

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
sunnysideup said:
I can't see them seperating, they're good friends, and I really hope they don't, (not that they need to anyway - as has already been pointed out they have been runners up at all three GS's so far this year, to name but a few of their acheivements). They smile and laugh and have fun on court, whether they're winning or losing, which is great to watch regardless of their results. :D Anyway, I think part of what makes their partnership work is the fact that they are friends, they have played together for so many years that they instinctively know what each other will do and they have fun playing doubles together - they wouldn't have that with another partner.

If someone had to beat them, I'm glad it was Mary and Rennae, so :worship: to them, but :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: for all Vivi's missed opportunities to get the #1 ranking. I really can't see that it can happen this year now. :sad: But, they've had a great year at the top of the game, and if that's all they get, it's still better than most teams. Hopefully though they keep fighting next year and with slightly fewer points to defend will make it back to the top again.

Whatever, as long as they're smiling and having fun, whether they're ranked#1 or #101, I'm happy. :D

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Congrats Mary :) I like Vivi/Paola simply coz they always stay positive and happy even though they're losing... you could like see them laughing most of the time even when they're down....

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Heck of a win, man! Congrats Mary and Rennae!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
jenny161185 said:
was MARY playing singles in LA
Yeah, she lost to Tammy...
thought she was injured a bit?? :confused:

but congrats!

and Ai is no.1 in dubs now, I guess!! :bounce:

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
I think that Stubbs and Pierce should stay together as a doubles partnership as they seem to do very well together. I hope they will play the US Open as a team.

regards

Mark

1 - 20 of 29 Posts