Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so sad AGAIN....I thought that the left leg injury was the last ordeal to Mary and her fans but no....more and more injuries!!!It might be that Mary doesn´t play in Oz open and i am really disappointted because i bought tickets for Oz and i thought that i would see my favourite player Mary Pierce on court but it seems so bad now.....nyyh nyyh!!So i don´t know anymore what to do?She is always injured....I have to say this though it it´s not great but i think Mary should take a break and think about life and what else she could do besides play tennis...since it might be that if she keeps going on injury and injury she might have very bad days ahead........oh oh!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yes...i just wished that i could see Mary on court but it just seems that it will never happened......My day is ruined!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah,thanks!!Maybe i have to watch Jennifer Capriati then....But I HOPE that Mary can play...Let´s wish the best!!!

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Ohh :sad: How bad!!

Pierce seemed so happy in Hong Kong's challenger.. I hope she do not retire! She is still young and have a lot of tennis to play!!!

GO MARY!!!!!!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
no... Mary shouldn't retire. Come on Mary, please stay strong!!:(

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Just read on the BBC website that it's likely Mary will withdraw:(

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
how bad!

:(:(:(

I'm so sorry Pierce fans! I'm not the biggest Mary fan, but I'm really sorry for her and for her fans, for another injury! She spent so much time working on her shoulder, then comes this freaking leg! :fiery:

Comeback MARY! :bounce:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't want to sound negative, but I feel that this is getting a little ridiculous - I mean is she jinxed or something. I am almost on the point of apathy about this I have to say, because I get my hopes up that she is getting back, and then yet another injury. I know it ain't Mary's fault and I feel for her, but it is so annoying. Retirement - who knows - I think she will wait a bit yet - but the trend just isn't good! I shrugged off the first one, but now an ankle injury - I mean if she is like this after a break, she'll need stretchers and a court-side accident and emergency unit by mid-season! Sorry for the sarcasm, but you get my point.
:confused:

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
It would be great if Mary could get back to full fitness because if she did that, then she'd still be one of the best players on the tour, sadly though I think all these injuries are proving too much, it's just one thing after another and I'm afraid I think her career is over :(:(. I really hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
No I disgree - she can't take any more time off - her body as a professional athlete is on its last legs unfortunately. Remember she has played tennis for over 15 years - and during that entire time she has consitently whacked the cover off the ball. There is only so much the body can take. What she needs though is confidence and matchplay, and another year off would just be stupid. I am not saying that it is over, and if it is then she has a brilliant career - but we'll have to see if these new injuries are just a little blip in her comeback or are a more ominous trend. I think it is too early yet to start making predictions and assumptions.:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Poor Mary, I Really Hope she gets well for Roland Garros since she's missing The Oz Open. Anyway it would be great to see her win the French Open & the retiring with glory if she cannot stay healthy.

Get Well Mary!

·
Registered
1 Posts
MP's dilemma

Hi all MP fans. I'm new to the forum and am extremely depressed about her situation and health.

I'm hoping MP would continue to believe that she can heal and still be able to play. I'm sure her spirituality would help carry her over this tough obstacle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts