3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GO MARY! :devil:

ATLEAST GET TO THE QUARTERFINALS!

PROBABLE OPPONENTS:

Alicia Molik
Conchita Martinez
Lisa Raymond/Ai Sugiyama

These are all people Mary should beat, hopefully she'll have a great week!

Good Luck Mary!

:worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Mark Spruce said:
Mary plays Mary Virginie RAZZANO and it will be the 3rd match up on Stadium Court.

regards

Mark
A pretty hard first round for Mary, Razzano is excellent on hard and she move very well, but mary's got more experience than ever and moreover she is more powerfull, if she is in good shape it should be easier than i thought :bounce: :)

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
Maam will sent Virginie packing. Maam has decided she will take this title so nobody better get in her way.

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
nice win for Mary. the commentator over at radiotennis.com says that every shot she hit was pretty much a winner. she was serving good and had a very easy win. vamos Mary vamos

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
yes ... i am so happy for our beloved mme. pierce! what a woman ... and a tennis queen !
u'll go far here , @ roger's at&t and the us open will provide a stage to ur most obvious comeback as u show these girls on the tour how it is done!

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GREAT JOB MARY!

DEF. RAZZANO 6-1,6-3!

WIN THE WHOLE THING GIRL!

Now that Serena is out, I really hope Mary takes this thing. It's longshot, but she has the ability to beat the Top Players like Clijsters, Hardenne, an Capriati!

GO MARY!

·
Registered
19,849 Posts
Mary Article

Pierce through to second round

Former French and Australian Open champion Mary Pierce crushed fellow Frenchwoman Virginie Razzano 6-1 6-3 on Monday to reach the second round of the Acura Classic.

But world number one Serena Williams pulled out of the tournament because of an injury to her left knee.

WTA Tour official Darrell Fry said that, after Williams was examined in Los Angeles, her doctor told her that she needed to rest.

The Wimbledon champion also pulled out of last week's Bank of the West Classic in Stanford, California with pain in her left knee.

Pierce was lethal against Razzano, controlling the centre of the court with her hard groundstrokes and dictating with her return of serve.

The injured-plagued Frenchwoman has not won a tournament since she triumphed at Roland Garros in 2000, but against Razzano she showed the form that once took her to number three in the world.

Aggressive Pierce

"I tried to be aggressive, take the ball early and finish the points off at the net if I could," Pierce told reporters.

The 28-year-old, who now meets former Wimbledon champion Conchita Martinez of Spain, is ranked 73rd in the world and needed a wild card to get into this week's event.

Pierce, who also won the 1995 Australian Open, said she felt better than she had in three years. Last month, she reached the fourth round of Wimbledon.

"I have everything in order and am on the right path to get my conditioning back," she said. "My game is starting to come back and it's a great feeling.

"I haven't achieved everything that is possible for me in tennis yet and the best is yet to come."

-----------------------------------------------

regards

Mark

·
Banned
341 Posts
Well done!! Mary Pierce!!

Well done!! Mary Pierce, I know you defeat your compatroit - Virginie Razzano after, your next competitor are Spanish Cochita Martinez. Therefore, I hope you can defeat her!! :bounce:

God bless you, Mary Pierce!! :angel: :wavey:

Mary Pierce in first round scores of Acura Classic

·
Registered
868 Posts
Clap Clap Clap Mary !! :bounce:

:worship: Mary ... is ... WOW !!!!! :worship:

It will be difficult againts Conchita Martinez but why not ... :D

She can beat her ... like in 1998 at San Diego :lol:

Allez Mary !!!!!!!!!

Quelqu'un a-t-il des photos de son match contre Razzano ? (have you got photo(s) ?)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.