Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remember, Mary was a GREAT athlete. Sure right now she's slow, but before her injury like in the 2000 French Open, Mary was very muscular, an EXCELLENT mover who got to every ball, I even remember a winning lob that she hit between her legs against Monica. And you all know the power that Mary can hit off both sides from the baseline.

I think if Mary at her best plays Serena at her best, Mary would win. My guess is 6-4, 6-4. GO MARY!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
selesrules said:
remember, Mary was a GREAT athlete. Sure right now she's slow, but before her injury like in the 2000 French Open, Mary was very muscular, an EXCELLENT mover who got to every ball, I even remember a winning lob that she hit between her legs against Monica. And you all know the power that Mary can hit off both sides from the baseline.

I think if Mary at her best plays Serena at her best, Mary would win. My guess is 6-4, 6-4. GO MARY!
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I've never seen someone so insecure about Serena.

I think someone's afraid that their fave is going to play Serena and get a big old smackdown.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
I'll actually agree on this one.....three sets though....something like 3-6 7-6(1) 7-5

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
i agree that pierce in the zone is almost unbeatable, but i think serena would still be in with a chance if she was at her best as well.

i don't why i'm seriously responding to a selesrules thread, but i have to admit that i have always thought this about mary in peak form.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
Yeah sure whatever. Selesrules why dont you back this stupid ass thread with the damn beatdown Serena gave Mary Pierce at Roland Garros uuum was it 6-0 6-1. To my knowledge, i dont think she was injured then.
ok - 2000 Indian Wells Mary Pierce def Serena Williams 6-2, 6-1. In that match serena was not close to her best, mary was, just like when mary played serena at RG she was very unfit and could hardly move and serena was playing the best tennis of her career. mary did well to reach the QFs but she struggled to beat irina selyutina so she was never going to threaten serena.

it's a stupid comparison anyway IMO selesrules because neither of them have played well at the same time really, so really can't say who would win if they came up against each other in their top form. the only thing i will say that is that IMO if Mary RG 2000 and Serena RG 2002 played at RG Mary would win quite comfortably. on any other surface except maybe rebound ace serena is the favourite.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
As Switz said Roland Garros last year, and the quantity of slams are not even relevant to this thread, infact they show no evidence what so ever.

This is what I loathe about these threads, we get certain members of the board spouting of with their un-educated posts spouting of that they exactly know whats going to happen and so adament about the situation, it truly does show in some posters.

As Switz said When Serena and Mary have played against each other they havn't been at their superlative potentional, neither has shown what they are really capable of. Indian Wells in 2000 was where Mary did show her A Game, Serena didn't, and again last year where Serena trounced Mary, Again Marys possible best preformance post Injury, but wasn't as her best to beat a fierceful Serena. This is all Evident.

Im not going to make comments on who would win and who would come out the victor, simply because it would be an uneducated geuss and that it would be slightly impossible to tell who the victor would be.

Im geussing though if both played potentionally to their best that we know they can play, then we would be granted a good match up, and extremely tight.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
TopShotta said:
Let me see...Pierce at her best equals mmmm...how many slams...???? Oh yeah...2...Serena at near her best equals 5...:rolleyes:
and what does that have to do with who would win at their best. i already said it's a stupid question/statement, but your response is equally ignorant. clearly serena has had and will have the better career when both are retired, but the question was who would beat who at their best. they have both crushed each other so what we need is a match were they are both at their peaks, and i have to say that i think that would be one of most exciting matches of all time.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
omg

OMG i would be in heaven if Mary and Serena played their best at the same time. I can hardly imagine the amount of power we'd be able to see. I think that because Serena is the better mover that she would have the edge, but if Mary is able to dictate play constantly then she would win. I don't know, if they are "truly" at their best, both of them, then I'd say it'd be a very close three set match with the winner being decided by two-three lucky breaks or shots. However, if one isn't playing well and the other is, then well it would be short work(like indian wells 2000 or 2002 french open).

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Mary at her best probably could beat serena at her best, but the difference is serena can sustain a higher level than mary consistently...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.