Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I hope she will be back! i really miss her peak ...

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
im a little suprised to see mary there, there was no pics of her with a racket though so maybe its still just strengthening rehab, though nick says a comeback, all confusing?

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Mary is not coming back
I think she officially retired (there was an article in L'Equipe)

She said she's still training from time to time to stay fit
And she still does some rehab

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
cool...

does she still hit balls??

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
Mary is not coming back

thats what i remember but nick and mary are still in touch so it would be odd if A, he didn't know she had retired or B she had spoke to him and not told him.

maybe mary wants to see if her body can withstand one last try.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Mary is not coming back

And you believe L'Equipe? :haha:
The journalist on that paper often write articles without proof.

Reactions: Miranda

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
Great news! Return for ROLAND GARROS. With these chickens running around with no heads (also known as the WTA Tour), Mary has a great shot at a Paris title!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
That article was meaningless.. There was no official retirement announcement from Mary, and she had said a week before that article that she wanted to comeback. I dont think Mary would go to Nick's academy just to get fit... I think she hasnt given up hope. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
26,668 Posts
And you believe L'Equipe? :haha:
The journalist on that paper often write articles without proof.
Please, Pierce said herself she couldn't do sports for a long time anymore without having a pain at her knee... so I think she won't be able to hold the high level in tennis as she used to in the past.... and clay is really tough, no matter how bad is the state of WTA currently, she is retired but she can't announce it officially, like Kournikova, Capriati and others. It is sad because she was a great player.

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
That article was meaningless.. There was no official retirement announcement from Mary, and she had said a week before that article that she wanted to comeback. I dont think Mary would go to Nick's academy just to get fit... I think she hasnt given up hope. Fingers crossed!
That article was exposed to be just gossip. Mary is not done. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Please, Pierce said herself she couldn't do sports for a long time anymore without having a pain at her knee... so I think she won't be able to hold the high level in tennis as she used to in the past.... and clay is really tough, no matter how bad is the state of WTA currently, she is retired but she can't announce it officially, like Kournikova, Capriati and others. It is sad because she was a great player.

Je veux des preuves. C'est tout. :devil:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts