Did anyone find a picture of the young family? I'm really curious :eek:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I don`t have a pic her and the family but I always liked her.:D

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
she's my all time favorite, too bad she ended up her career that way! good luck withwhatever you do with your future mary joe!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the nice pics rhz :bounce:

She's my all time fave too. I was already afraid a thread about her would be lost here :eek:

I haven't seen a picture of her wedding yet. It's a nice couple :)

But I still can't wait for a picture of the whole family :rolleyes:

When I was taking this picture I saw her for the last time :sad:

·
Registered
610 Posts
She was always correct on the court! She's one of the most likely players!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Hi Tweety- you know she's my all-time fav too!!! Thanks for starting this thread- I didn't even know about it since I've never visited the retired players Forum. Very nice!!!
Mary Joe is the complete class act!!! I love her attitude and her beautiful game!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
I was lucky enough to meet Mary Jo when she played in Dublin.She was really nice.:D I think I got (Trying to remember), about 4 kisses from her.:drool:

LOL! Yes, she recovered!:p

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
when did she play in dublin btw?? i met her in OZ Open 99, i got a picture of me with her, that was one of my best day ever! she was really nice aswell!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same here, I got my picture with her in Berlin 1997. It was the first tournament I've attended.
The first match I saw live was Mary Joe beating Sandrine Testud 6-2 6-2 :cool:
The first autograph I got was from Mary Joe too, after this match.
And two days later Mary Joe was the first star I got my photo with :D
I got this photo signed in Filderstadt, same year.
And I saw Mary Joe winning her 7th title live :)

Belongs all to the past now :sad:

C

·
0 Posts
rhz, Mary Jo played at the RDS venue in Dublin.Either 93 or 94.LOL! my memory is poor now, sorri.:eek:

Anyhoo, it was a Charity-Promotional tournament, something to do with Irish tennis, something like this.There were a few players namely, Martina Navratilova, Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario, Anke Huber, Zina Garrison, and a few Irish ladies.

Hehe, I remember asking Mary Jo, "Had she a boyfriend"? At he time it was rumored she was dating David Wheaton.She just smiled and said, "Now that would be telling" then she started laughing.:D

I personally have always thought of Mary Jo as a player who is truly well liked , and respected by all tennis fans.One of my all time favourites.

:D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts