Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not such a good result for Mary tonight, she did not win by the scoare of 7-6 6-3 to Tamarine Tanasugarn. I hope that Mary is OK.

Please wish her all the best :bounce: :wavey:

regards

Mark

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Mary :sad:. I dont know whats wrong with her!! She is very unpredictable and the way she has been palying. she shouldnt have lost to Tammy. I just hope nothing is wrong with her :sad:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi guys,

Remember that Mary does find it hard to play at night, even after the surgery that she has had on her eyes.

She is still entered in the doubles and has a good chance to make the quarters there, so she will still get some match practice in before next week.

At least she is looking much, much better and I love the dress she wore in tonight's match, that looked great!

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mary and Stubbs are going to play against A Haynes (USA) / K Grant (RSA)

you go girls !!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Mary Pierce----I thought about the eyes, as she had problems with them last year when she had to play at night. As she found it hard to foucs on the ball.

Yes Mary is looking so much fitter GO MARY !!! :bounce:

regards

Mark

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am really worried, Mary was attended by the trainer in the first set. It looks like her shoulder again :confused: :confused:

I do so hope that she is ok

regards

Mark

·
Senior Member,
1,825 Posts
No, this is REALLY disappointing for die-hard Mary fans. Admittedly it wouldn't have been before Wimbledon, but hooking up with Sven Groeneveld again and seeing the instant results at Wimbledon raised my expectations once more. Last week Mary seemed to continue where she left off in SW19 too, although I was surprised when she lost to Lisa. When I saw the draw here my heart sunk when I saw the match was scheduled for the evening session, but I wasn't too disheartened by the draw: I see Tamarine Tanasugarn every year at Eastbourne and there really isn't much there to hurt an on-form Mary... so yes, this IS disappointing, isn't it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mary isn't sure to play doubles. She has pain in her back or in her abdomen .It's in the same spot where she stained her abdomen pretty bad in Australia two years ago(2002). She said it could have been mare serious if she didn't care of it.

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I am really worried. I am thinking that if Mary felt it in the pre-match that she should not have played.

regards

Mark

-----------------------

Pierce's comeback interrupted by pain, loss to Tanasugarn

August 5, 2003

AP - Aug 5, 1:07 am EDT
More Photos

CARSON, Calif. (AP) -- Mary Pierce's comeback didn't go well Monday night when she lost to Tamarine Tanasugarn, 7-6 (2), 6-3, in the opening round of the JPMorgan Chase Open.

Pierce, plagued by injuries in recent years, has been trying to regain the form that carried her to two Grand Slam titles and a career-high No. 3 in the rankings. She seemed to have been making progress, too, having reached the fourth round at Wimbledon and the third round of last week's Acura Classic at Carlsbad.

Monday night, however, Pierce said she felt a pain in her back late in the prematch warmup. Trailing 3-0 in the second set, she took an injury timeout after feeling a sharp pain in her left side. She said afterward she wasn't sure if the injury was in her back or her abdomen.

``The thing that concerned me most was that it's in the same spot where I strained my abdomen pretty bad in Melbourne two years ago,'' Pierce explained. ``I could feel it in my back when I was serving. What concerned me was that it might be something that could maybe be more serious if I don't take care of it.

She planned to consult the WTA Tour trainer before deciding whether to play her scheduled doubles match Tuesday.

In the final match of the night, Arantxa Parra of Spain defeated Angela Haynes 6-1, 6-4, taking the final five games of the match.

·
Senior Member,
1,825 Posts
I really hope Mary is fit enough to play in Toronto next week, a place where she's traditionally done well. I'm actually going over for the first two days of the tournament, primarily to see Mary live, as I did two years ago, when of course Mary was injured and unable to play. I'd be SO disappointed if it happened again!! But despite this I wouldn't want her to risk playing if she might worsen her injury or even if she's just not match fit. I do think she's pretty wise now about playing or not playing when there's an injury scare so I'll just trust her to make a sound decision and keep my fingers crossed!!!

·
Banned
403 Posts
Latest news

Tamarine Tanasugarn was contrively lost to Francesca Schiavone 7-5, 3-6, 0-6 in second round of JP Morgan Chase open, very flea!! Because I think she since can defeat Mary Pierce, then should in second round (her competitor is Francesca Schiavone ) or after display well. But she unexpectedly achieves, really is satirizes very much!!

You think? :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts