Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love when Mary is the commentator for matches!! She's the best female announcer around, and for my money, she's the best male announcer, too.

Not only has she coined phrases like "Big Babe Tennis," but she so often hits the nail on the head with her observations. For instance, today she got it just right when she said Coria was the first player this year to make Agassi look old. She was so right...

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
yup, that's good 'ol Mary Carillo

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
jenglisbe said:
I love when Mary is the commentator for matches!! She's the best female announcer around, and for my money, she's the best male announcer, too.

Not only has she coined phrases like "Big Babe Tennis," but she so often hits the nail on the head with her observations. For instance, today she got it just right when she said Coria was the first player this year to make Agassi look old. She was so right...
oh please...she was also the one prior to the match who said "Coria will be lucky to win some games, let alone a set"

what a bozo

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
darren cahill - had Agassi played well, Coria would have been lucky to win a set. Agassi looked to be improving with each match, but his level fell today (some of that definitely had to do with Coria, but Agassi was flat from the start).

Besides, no one is perfect...no announcer has gotten everything right ;)

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
darren cahill said:
oh please...she was also the one prior to the match who said "Coria will be lucky to win some games, let alone a set"

what a bozo
But one of the great things about Mary is when she is wrong she flat out admits it :) She will say she was way off or totally wrong. She did it today infact about the Agassi/Coria match and numerous times at Aus when Marlene took out Cappy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts