Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mary beat Jelena Dokic in 3 sets by the score of 6-2 6-7(5) 7-6(5)

And Mary was down by 1-5 in the 3nd set.

BRILLIANT !!!!

I`m very happy. You are the best Mary !! Congratulations !!!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
This is one of the best victory in Mary's carrer, i'm so happy she made me crazy, she was so good to go at 6,2 5,4 and then :fiery: fear, she was so scared, she made me so scare too, I'm so happy she deserves to win that kind of match, she is a champion What a great victory :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: :hearts: :bounce:
mary is just THE BEST!! :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Great!!!!

CONGRATS MARY!!!!! :D

Well done!!! :bounce:

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Pierce overcomes Dokic at U.S. Open
Print this story AIM this story Email this story
Associated Press
Aug. 29, 2003 2:47 a.m.

NEW YORK (AP)— Jelena Dokic saved a match point in the second set and served for a berth in the third round of the U.S. Open twice in the third set.
But it was two-time Grand Slam champion Mary Pierce of France who advanced Thursday, winning five games in a row in the final set for a 6-2, 6-7 (5), 7-6 (5) victory.

Dokic faced a match point in the 10th game of the second set, but Pierce sent a couple of balls long and hit the last into the net as Dokic broke to even at 5-5.

The 22nd seed from Serbia and Montenegro then held serve and won the tiebreak easily.

"In the big moments of the match it seemed to me Jelena really stepped up," Pierce said.

In the third set, Dokic dominated early and broke the Frenchwoman twice - in the third and fifth games - before serving for the match at 5-2 and 5-4. But Pierce rallied with a combination of winners and Dokic doublefaults. She had 12 in the match, which lasted exactly two hours.

"I didn't realize it was 5-1. I knew it was 5-2," Pierce said. "I just tried to stay calm. I just told myself to fight.

"You never know what can happen in tennis."

Pierce, who frequently poured water on her face, neck and arms during changeovers, closed out the match in the tiebreak - the first she has won this year in six attempts.

Pierce, who has 15 career titles but has been battling injuries for three years, won the French Open in 2000 and the Australian Open in 1995.

"I'm still not back to the level where I want to be," Pierce said. "My legs kind of weren't there in the third set."

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nicoleke said:
I' m still very " happy " by her yesterday' s winning match :bounce:. She won in doubles too :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: !!!!!
I was crying after the match ... it's one of the best moment in my life ... and in Mary's career !

So powerfull, so beautiful ... Mary was ... oh my god ... i will cry if i continue ... i'm so happy !

Thanks Mary, sun on my life !

And with Nadia, Mary has won 3/6 7/5 6/4 against Sun and her compatriot ! And Sun and Ti have led 6/3 5/3 ... Mary, God is with you ...

At the next round, mary will face Asagoe, a strong and solid player. Asagoe has won against Hantuchova at Wimbledon, so ... it won't be easy, but Mary, if she is not too tired, has the game to win !!

Go Mary ...

Sur mon site, à la page Mary pierce, je reviens sur l'évènement ... allez lire :D (mon site y'a l'adresse ds la signature !)

·
Banned
341 Posts
Revenge

She finally defeated Jelena Dokic but to report actually shame of the two defeats in 2002:

• 2002 Amelia Island 6-2 6-0
  • 2002 Berlin 1-6 6-3 6-1

Well done!! Mary Pierce!! :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.