Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Martina said on her speech... "well, today I think I'm overwhelmed with feelings, I mean... Jennifer played those match points great, maybe if I'd had the heineken beer I would have won that final point (joke;) & laughter) (she sighs) Once again I had a wonderfull time a great tournament and thanks everyone for coming out and watching the match. Well I had a tought surgery, and I had a great comeback winning a tournament last week, and this wasn't in my expectations. I don't know if I should be happy for today or be crying :rolleyes: But I have to look forward (what a great champion). We're gonna have many more finals here and I hope to get revenge. Thank you also to my mom, your support, you're wonderfull, Anthony :)confused: ) and my doctor back home. This is overwhelming, thank you very much"

APLAUDE, APLAUDE

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
she thanked the doctor for sewing her up so she could be there in the finals playing

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Great speech,Martina!Always stay positive!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Thanks for posting this Joaco. Glad I got to hear what Martina had to say. Grr, I can't even explain how pissed I am at ESPN right now. They'll probably do the same thing with the men's final tomorrow. :mad:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
don't be too disappointed Martina...

<center><font size=5> WE STILL LOVE YOU!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks joaco. Sounds like Martina held it together very well. She is getting too used to these kind of speeches. I hope she can win a major this year. She looked crushed after this match. But, my Jen is too hard of a fighter and she is a great champion for pulling it out. :)

btw, ESPN sucks. :mad:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Martina deserves a ton of credit for keeping her composure there. I'm sure that was not easy at all, maybe just as difficult as winning those match points.

Jennifer gave a nice speech too, complimenting Martina in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yep wasnt her speech just great?

i was on the brink of tears just watching her make it and it must have been extremely hard for her to have to give a speech after such an emotional final! I felt so sorry for he in the final set because it truly looked like she was just playing to get the match over with.

Don't worry Martina all your true fans are with you and we know you'll come back from this stronger than ever!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was almost crying at her speech. she was so great out there and she proved that she still can win a grand slam.

Martina - this year Roland Garros is yours!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I love you Marti and I'm a proud as ever the way you executed those great shots.:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

God bless you Marti!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
She did her speech great, I was kinda proud on the way she handled it.
Win or lose she is still the One for me!

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
yes, her speech was great!
I was glad to see she realised that making the finals is very good after such an heavy injury.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Martina Hingis isn' t " fair - play " and she ' ll never win Rolland Garros !!!!!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Marti can only get better!!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Actually...

it was too bittersweet that I couldn't
make myself watch the trophy presentation.
I'm not even a hardcore Hingis fan;but it
was to painful to see her force to go up
and do the runner-up speech.

Sniff, sniff, sniff.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts