Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official website says Martina will be competing Betty Barclay Cup, Hamburg, Germany this year. I hope she keeps her winning streak in Hamburg going, and picks a lot of points there by beating the new No.1 Venus Williams in the final ;)

So, it seems Martina has decided to skip both Amelia Island and Charleston, where she played last year. She defends 282 points at Charleston and 73 at Amelia Island.

The 283 points from Dubai last year are coming off next week, so she'll have 3558 points next week. Good news is that even though Martina was semifinalist in both Indian Wells and Miami last year, she doesn't have that many points to defend as she picked up few bonus points along the way to the semifinals in each tournament. She's defending 185 points at Miami and 164 at Indian Wells.

So the point of this thread that I hope Martina wins the two tournaments which she didn't play last year, Scottsdale and Hamburg, does well to earn more points than last year at Indian Wells and Miami and gets close to getting her No.1 ranking back
:eek: before Roland Garros.

We all know she'll have her No.1 ranking back, which she deserves, by the end of this year, but sooner is better :angel:

Go Martina, good luck to you in the up-coming tournaments!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
1,123 Posts
thanks diogo!:D as of now, i don't care at all if she's not no. 1. she's been there for a long time. they still couldn't beat her record.;)

but, i want her to reclaim that #1 ranking after RG. so help her God. :angel:

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
why isnt marti playing charelston :(

if she's playing hamburg
she probably has to skip rome or berlin and lose SF points there :(

or risk burning out by RG

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
what other events have marti commited to

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what she's been doing : Not playing both Charleston and Hamburg in the same season. Don't know why but it's probably because of her schedule.

Will Martina play Berlin and Rome, too? I don't think it's a very good idea to play 3 tournaments in 3 weeks. She will be definitely burnt out :mad:

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Martina has been scheduled to play Hamburg, Berlin and Rome in the past. She will play Hamburg and Berlin since they are right next to each other geographically and will have a first round bye anyways. Sometimes her matches in Hamburg can be long since the clay is very very heavy there but since it is a tier II she could have some easy matches two. If Martina does very well there and still feels fine then she will play Rome also or she may opt to withdraw if her body is aching. She can play that by ear. At times in the past she pulled out of Rome with a foot problem or fatigue. Then she has a week off before Roland Garros starts and will have played quite a bit on red clay:D

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Martina will win all the tournaments she play!:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
treufreund, I also think the same what you said, but I don't want Martina to skip Rome. It's such a wonderful tourney which I want her to win again!

I just hope the best for Martina, wish her good luck, no injuries!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
jaz go for it Marti!!!!!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

·
Registered
19,008 Posts
OMG.. we have to wait for such a long time... but we can already begint o cheer for her in the Betty Barclay forum! ;) :angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts