Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
On her displeasure over an early French Open starting time: "I'm not a very good morning person. I'm No. 1 in the world, so I should have the right to say what time I want to play on the Centre Court." :eek:

"I am playing good tennis, so it's normal I beat the other players."
Nice slogan for 1997 :D:D:D:D!

On frequent comparisons to Tiger Woods: "It's all the time, 'Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods.' I am better than he is. I've been on top longer and I am younger. I'm just better." TOO TRUE!!! :)

On beating Monica Seles for the fifth straight time: "I don't know actually how I won this match. Maybe because I always beat her." OMG :(

To Lindsay Davenport at the start of their Manhattan Beach, California, match in 1997: "Do you want to get broken first game?" lmao

"I'm glad you're doing this story on us and not on the WNBA. We're so much prettier than all the other women in sports."
hmmmmm......she mustve thought long and hard on this 1 :) , but its all true...

·
Registered
15,105 Posts
lol :D

i wonder what lindsay was thinking :eek:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
[email protected] the Hingisova quotes.
I should have come in this thread earlier.
Martina can be so irritatingly funny at times. ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here are some more quotes!

"to live I need oxygenate, not the French open"

Asked about her cooking skills on the long gone Athletes Direct site she said:' I know how to boil an egg'

"If only we had the Heineken Beer in the cooler, maybe it helped me to make the final point..."

"It`s hard to find a horse " Martina commenting on the down side of indoor tournaments

From a tournament in Berlin a few years back it was at the hight of the Monica Lewinski affair in the US and martina had been removed from her hotel suite by President Clinton(who as US Presedents do had rented the whole top floor of the hotel)Martina said the following day "Maybe he needs the rooms for all of his women

"Playing one of the Williamses is like playing the three of them at the same time."

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I guess you have experience in that field, a4!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,105 Posts
great

i suddenly have about 20 more reasons to like marti :D

·
3,676 Posts
During a coin toss once, Hingis tweaked Davenport by saying, " Do you want me to serve or break you? '' :eek::eek: .. poor linds! i wonder what was going through her mind .. that line cracks me up everytime i hear it lmao :)

·
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well that Lindsayquote is the best thing i've ever heard.But what i wanted to know is did Martina really broke her than or did Marti served first!:rolleyes:
I wish that i'd could seen Lindsay face when Marti said it!;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
That Lindsay quote is great! I'm sure it was all in good humor - they've hung out off-court before.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Martina is probably the best player to quote! She has these great, funny oneliners :)

The Lindsay-one was the best, but I also wanna know what happened! It's probably the same tournament than what SM said (Manhattan Beach 1997), does anyone remember??

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
OMG, i read those quotes about five minutes ago and I just keep on laughing, really, these are sooooo hilarious.

"It's hard to find a horse..." Jeeze:D

And the Heiniken one...

All of them...(still laughing)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I changed my sig...that quote was just too good!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can't wait for tennis season (high school), I'm going to say that to my opponents, just to see their reaction.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I think a lot of them are in good humour.

And I LOVE that Cliff one. Sounds cute.

Martina is the sweetest thing in the world.

She's so clever and witty and articulate.

And duh. She IS the best!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Okay d-g. If you say so. At least, you didn't ask me to leave!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts