Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Djokovic released a statement on Wednedday confirming he attended at least one event after being informed he tested positive for Covid-19 on December 16th and he also admitted he attended an interview with L’Equipe after being informed of his positive test.

In his post, Djokovic also admitted to making an “error of judgement” by attending an interview with a French journalist while Covid positive, while he also said he attended a children’s tennis event the day after being tested for Covid-19.

Now 18-time Navratilova voiced her opinion on the events after the Serbian 20-time slam champion released a statement, she on Thursday tweeted ‘not acceptable’.

“The best thing for Novak to do I think would be just say ‘you know what, there are too many mistakes, this is not OK and the right thing to do is just to go home,” she said on Thursday.

“It’s just the right thing to do, but I don’t think he will do that because he wants that 21st title.

“The biggest mistake was that Novak did that photoshoot after he knew he was positive. It just doesn’t make sense.

“For him to do that photoshoot because he didn’t want to disappoint somebody … are you kidding me?

“I would be staying home and you couldn’t pull me out of the house for anything.”

The Czech/American legend is among other tennis stars who heavily criticize Djokovic’s behavior in the events of the last two weeks, others are Portuguese player Joao Sousa who branded Djokovic ‘a bit selfish’ for arriving at the Australian Open unvaccinated and says it is tough to accept.

Meanwhile, Djokovic has been included in the Australian Open official draw although uncertainty remains about whether the government will cancel his visa for a second time.

·
Registered
26,700 Posts
I agree. Novaxx should never have been allowed to board a plane to Australia in the first place. Too much damage has been done now; his sleaze has been exposed, and more could still yet to come - he needs to go home. No dignity of his left intact.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Hmmm, saw an interview with Martina. She was very supportive of Djokovic in that interview. Seems to have changed her tune now....

·
Registered
959 Posts
They delayed the drawing of the AUS Open by 1 or 2 hours last night, presumably because they were asking the prime minister if they gonna depart Djokovic by force now or not.

The fact that they did the drawings after AND Djokovic is part of it means that he probably won't be removed from the country based on all information available.

His life is already screwed up anyway, he made enemies with Australia, Spain, and even Serbia regarding the breaking of COVID rules. Whether he plays this event or not isn't really gonna make his life much better, if anything it will make it worse if he gets crushed by Zverev or Medvedev in the semis/final.

·
Registered
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They delayed the drawing of the AUS Open by 1 or 2 hours last night, presumably because they were asking the prime minister if they gonna depart Djokovic by force now or not.

The fact that they did the drawings after AND Djokovic is part of it means that he probably won't be removed from the country based on all information available.

His life is already screwed up anyway, he made enemies with Australia, Spain, and even Serbia regarding the breaking of COVID rules. Whether he plays this event or not isn't really gonna make his life much better, if anything it will make it worse if he gets crushed by Zverev or Medvedev in the semis/final.
I was listening to the commentators on Tennis Channel talk about what would happen if Djokovic were sent home after the draw. They said according to the rules the 5th ranked player would become the top seed, which would be Rublev. For the life of me I don't know how they decided this.

·
Registered
14,445 Posts
Fedal stan

Reactions: SliceWinner

·
Registered
19,714 Posts
I was listening to the commentators on Tennis Channel talk about what would happen if Djokovic were sent home after the draw. They said according to the rules the 5th ranked player would become the top seed, which would be Rublev. For the life of me I don't know how they decided this.
Well, if Djokovic never entered, Rublev would be the fourth seed. By and large, seeds 1 to 4 have the same draw, in the sense that it doesn't actually matter where in the top four you fall. So if he were to become the 4th seed, his placement in the draw wouldn't matter if he took Novak's spot or Stef's.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Navratilova is making an ass of herself.

These kind of ad hominem attacks agaist Novak will only result in his own supporters - and he has many in the tennis community - becoming more vocal.
Pointing out the only morally correct option for him is making her ass of herself? Only for extremelly deluded djokovic fans,

·
Registered
435 Posts
Tennis is about who can play, not about who has the jab and who does not have the jab. You have the jab and you cannot play, you should go home. You do not have the jab and you can play, you should play. Tennis is a competition of who can play.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
39,372 Posts
These kind of ad hominem attacks agaist Novak will only result in his own supporters - and he has many in the tennis community - becoming more vocal.
Conversely, his "many" supporters in the tennis community becoming "more vocal", will likewise only encourage those who dislike him, and I understand there are more than a few who feel this way, to also speak up more, and frankly these individuals have been given a hell of a lot of ammunition by Mr Novaxx Jesus himself.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
To me it all rolls up to Craig Tiley. If he had been firm that there is no way Feds will allow for any exemption and had communicated this in no uncertain terms, not only Djokovic but even Renata Voracova wouldn't have to go through this.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
To me it all rolls up to Craig Tiley. If he had been firm that there is no way Feds will allow for any exemption and had communicated this in no uncertain terms, not only Djokovic but even Renata Voracova wouldn't have to go through this.

People should stop scapegoating Craig Tiley for merely doing his job. This fight is not about him.

·
Registered
16,699 Posts
I agree. Novaxx should never have been allowed to board a plane to Australia in the first place. Too much damage has been done now; his sleaze has been exposed, and more could still yet to come - he needs to go home. No dignity of his left intact.
I am looking forward to booing though. :love::oh:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Martina has never been one to remain silent on subjects she feels strongly about. I remember seeing Nav and McEnroe running through Margaret Court Arena (?) at the AO, with flags stating their feelings it should be changed to "Evonne Goolagong Arena or Stadium. So I am not surprised Martina would comment about Novak, if she feels strongly about an issue she is likely to express it.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Yawn, boring. All this staged show of deep state and their muppet Djokovic Will end in next days for sure, they will deport him. This is just part of their mass pyschosis.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.