Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a surprise given her attrocious form and 3rd round US Open points coming off, but this is a woman who won her first tour title last year and finished in the top 50. She just has no fight anymore, no mental strength. She played Selima Sfar in first round qualies at the Open and had two set points in the first set tiebreak, but Selima fought them off (including with a serve and volley on a second serve lol) and won 10-8. My German is pretty bad, but Martina basically shouted out shit 7 or 8 times as she walked to her chair and then proceeded to win something like 6 points in the entire second set, shook hands with Sfar and then started crying her eyes out once she sat down. Whatever form she had is gone. I hope she can make it back because it really is sad to see someone who was once very solid play like she has been...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
25,925 Posts
and she has played 26 tournaments!! :eek:

·
Registered
35,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Messenger said:
Sfar came in off a 2nd serve? Wow, that takes guts I guess.
Selima served and volleyed the whole match so I guess thats her game, but she did come in on second serves a few times that match to throw off Martina. She won about 3/4 of the points when she went in on second serves which was very surprising.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
And this was the same girl they were comparing to Steffi Graf during the French Open last year after she beat Amanda Coetzer. :eek:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Aerien said:
And this was the same girl they were comparing to Steffi Graf during the French Open last year after she beat Amanda Coetzer. :eek:
Well, we all knew, that Martina is no second Steffi Graf.
But we hoped, that she could become a Top 20 or at least a Top 30 player. And she was on a good way. She wanted to train in the USA and was so self-assured.
But then she left her club, found a new boyfriend, had trouble with her family and her self-confidence went down.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,497 Posts
her win/lose record this year is 7/21

and she had few bad results in german bundesliga too

last weekend she played GAU-Championships for her State (Würtemberg) , they won it
but Müller didn´t played well

Round-Robin
Müller vs. Kümmelmann(NR) 6:1 6:0
Müller vs. Fritz(NR) 5:7 5:7 :eek:

Semifinal
Müller vs. Collinschon(#577) 3:6 7:6 2:6

and then in Final she was replced by A. Matic(#349)

·
Registered
994 Posts
2003 is really an awful year for Martina. :banghead: I wish 2004 will be better. :bowdown:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Martina and Daja Bedanova has shocked me more then any other players this year, in how they have slumped.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
As someone mentioned already, Muller had trouble with her first boy-friend, this season should be over soon and she should wake up from her dreaming.

Bedanova was injured, wasn´t she.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
If you wanted an early indication what kind of year Cute-Little-Button-Nose was gonna have: Tina lost right off the bat @ Indian Wells and promptly entered the Mesa, Arizona Challenger (that runs during the 2nd week of IW). She got KO'd in the first round there, too! :eek:

·
Banned
596 Posts
another blow to German tennis......
and they still have 2 more Tier II events coming up,
good luck Martina, at least u're off the ranking;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts