Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Who are the Swiss players besides Belinda?:scratch: If they have another decent top 20 player, they could have a chance to win Fed Cup.
Bacsinszky, Golubic, Vögele, Teichmann, Schnyder, Sadiković ... Pretty solid team they can make. But winning Fed Cup at moment doesnt seem possible imo. :)

Reactions: ElusiveChanteuse

·
Registered
38,130 Posts
If Belinda, Timea and Martina had all been healthy during an entire season I think they would've had a good chance at winning the whole thing. Shame it never happened.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Although it is funny - i’m sure Martina would feel she could beat everyone on the team still. Same way Hewitt would I imagine - he was playing some seriously good doubles at the AO. We would have won the whole thing without a liability partner like Groth.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If Belinda, Timea and Martina had all been healthy during an entire season I think they would've had a good chance at winning the whole thing. Shame it never happened.
Yeah last year was a real pity. They would have made the final and probably would have won against the US if they had home advantage. But then you can apply IF to any argument - if Belarus has healthy Azarenka, US had full strength Williams etc

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
If you had asked me yesterday I'd have probably told you FC captain and FC coach are the same role.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Aww!! Was just wondering when Martina would pop back up again. Did not take long, haha!!
Will always be deeply involved in the game I think, was just done as a player. Though am sure she would still be winning doubles slams, she certainly has a lot to offer as a coach. Can't believe she's still #1 in doubles. :SNE:

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
She's just like Lleyton Hewitt. She is breathing tennis deep inside.
She should have continued a few more years on the tour.
And even come back in singles.
She is very involved and that is why she should breed. Those people produce the best players, people like Graff and Sampras tend to lead their offsprings away from the sport.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts