Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I hear, martina is on the same side as Serena and venus. JCaps is on the other side. So Martina will have to possible go through Serena, Venus, then Jcaps to win the title. Sounds like last yr to me!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sOORY

Sorry. Didn't mean to alarm. Obviously the info was wrong or misunderstood. Again, sorry. I'm relived it ain't true also!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Although I do believe that she will be on the same side as Venus. I did read in an article today that they are going to make it so that seeds 1 and 4 are on the same side and 2 and 3 on the other (unless the article is wrong and given some of the shoddy journalism work in tennis nowadays, who knows?)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I think it's random which sides 3 and 4 go on - last year, Martina (1) was seeded to meet Venus (3) and Lindsay (2) seeded to meet Monica (4) in the semis.

·
Registered
462 Posts
From as far back as 1999, the number 1 seed has met the #3 seed in the semis, while #2 meet #4.

Thus Hingis will meet Jen in the semis, should they both get that far, which I doubt...for both of them.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
kart is right... it is randomly done by the computer

the only positions that are definite are the 1 and 2 seeds... 3 and 4 are then drawn out randomly... then 5,6,7,8.... then i think 9-12 then 13-16... or it could just be 9-16 onwards.... dont know about 17-32! :eek:

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Guys, the draw comes out Friday 10AM Aussie time on the east! :D So yes, obviously the draw is not out yet.

Hmmm, on espn.com they said that No. 1 seed would play No. 4 seed and No. 2 seed vs. No. 3 seed. I'm pretty sure its a stupid journalist error, someone who doesn't know tennis. Since they said "Under the new 32 seed system...blah will play blah"

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Wow...calm down people...the only sure thing is about #1 and #2 in opposite draws, #3 and #4 in opposite draws...the rest ...well...just be patient...another 16hours and we should know!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Seems Smash was right. Hingis is in the same half as Serena and Venus.

Unfortunately for her is that she has no one to give her a good work-out before she reaches Serena in the quarters, 'cept maybe Schett.

...should they both get that far.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The seeds other than 1 and 2 are done randomly. But its not by computer. They're drawn out by hand. Then the unseeded players are done by computer.

And unfortunately Martina gets a repeat of last year.

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
Does Smash have a Crystal Ball ???

I would like to know who wins ;)

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Smash, can you tell me if Justine and Kim will be in the same half of the draw at the French? Thank you;)

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
After yesterday's match with Serena pulling out after being behind 5-4 to Meghann...someone who saw the match on TV said Serena went over on her ankle like turned 90 degrees..Ouch! So it might be a problem for her at AO and hopefully Martina will only have to face one Williams sister!! Best of Luck Marti!!
:kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Well Hingis isn't getting any younger and she is going to be alot more injury prone in my opinion. She plays way too much IMHO too. So be careful what you wish for. I would never wish injury on anyone. But I guess some people are different.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts