·
Art & Futures
22,331 Posts
Just like Kristie Ahn!

Reactions: qwang

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
After all the AO quarantine stuff I'll always associate her with Paula Badosa.
And I think they'll have a similar career - usually in the mix, but never a winner of a slam. Maybe a 500/1000 or 2 each.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Anything is possible...
Vinci beat Serena, Etc...

Marta doesn't even turn 30 until 2032...

She has a lot time to luck into a Slam (due to a collapsed draw with multiple WDs and Retirements).

Never say never.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
We never know. I'd like her to. In terms of pure talent, she's probably the greatest one since Iga. Unfortunately, I don't know if her mind is in the right place, if she has all the dedication, and on top of that, she seems extremely unlucky. So, it's likely that not. But I still like her a lot. Maybe I shouldn't. But I think we don't really chose our faves in some ways.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
38,175 Posts
I think it is a possibility. But it is definitely no more than a possibility. It might happen. Or it might not even come close to happening. It will depend, as it always does, on a combination of the dedication of the player, the team that support that player and the fortune (both good and bad) that comes her way.

I do believe Marta has a lot of talent but she is only at the very beginning of her career at WTA level. That she has level of ability to win a slam seems pretty clear to me. But here's the thing, that is a long way from actually saying she will win a slam. Plenty of players have had the ability to win slams who did not end up doing so. Many, many more in fact than did actually end up winning one. One can't predict the future.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
i predict her future and SAY BIG NO. Maybe she can win masters prolly an indian wells but she has zero chance for a grand slam!!! SS THIS and repost 15 years later.

·
Registered
13,106 Posts
I genuinely don't know what to make of Kostyuk, she’s one of few players that baffles me.

I don't know what her ceiling is, need to see more vs top opposition

·
Registered
746 Posts
Isn't she injury-prone? To me, that's always the biggest factor when determining future success. Even if she does gain momentum, how often will an injury derail it?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
as i said, she is not that much lucky for a fluke slam win plus she should have beaten Iga if she was a big player in RG 2021. she cant display a character in big matches unfortunately. she hasnt got a single win in them. She played good but she couldn`t win any.

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
She absolutely can.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts