·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard on CNN while watching the Bush Speech... :confused:

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Oh, no, that's awful, though I have to admit, I think he's been on borrowed time since around 1983.

My usual retort concerning a dead celebrity of "He didn't win an Oscar like I did" does not apply here. In fact, he could say, "She didn't win TWO Oscars like I did." :worship: :worship:

He was a great star and I hate losing a fellow 1950's Oscar winner. There are so few of us left! It's me, Ernest Borgnine, Joanne Woodward, and Charleton Heston now. I figure I'm safe until at least Heston goes. Woodward doesn't take a vial of yellow ones every day with two bottles of champagne, so I figure she'll be the "winner" of this contest. It's getting pretty thin!

·
In my new place!!
23,113 Posts
Thats sad. He was just doing voiceover work for a movie as well, to try to help get himself out of debt.. :sad:

Rip.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
Oh, no, that's awful, though I have to admit, I think he's been on borrowed time since around 1983.

My usual retort concerning a dead celebrity of "He didn't win an Oscar like I did" does not apply here. In fact, he could say, "She didn't win TWO Oscars like I did." :worship: :worship:

He was a great star and I hate losing a fellow 1950's Oscar winner. There are so few of us left! It's me, Ernest Borgnine, Joanne Woodward, and Charleton Heston now. I figure I'm safe until at least Heston goes. Woodward doesn't take a vial of yellow ones every day with two bottles of champagne, so I figure she'll be the "winner" of this contest. It's getting pretty thin!
You even know what kind of humour to use in sad times :yeah: You really should write something :)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I just got a breaking news alret on my cell phone from CNN.

He was the greatest actor in America.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
:sad: greatest actor ever :sad:

Reactions: GBFH

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
peachfuzz said:
Just heard on CNN while watching the Bush Speech... :confused:
BTW, why was Bush on television giving a speech?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
His death makes me sad.

The Godfather, was one of the greatest movies ever, and it always makes me think about my dad (it's his favorite movie). :sad:

Hopefully he's in a better place, since his life didn't seem to be so hot in the later years.

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad: very sad day!!! He was one of the best actors in history and my mother's big idol.She's so torn today...

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Stella! Stella! Those immortal words, plus that ripped shirt, forever immortalized Marlon Brando as one of our greatest American actors. He not only brought his incredible looks, but found pathos in his tough childhood to create indelible roles that continue to influence generation after generation of male actors. While Brando suffered in his later years from a variety of tragedies, his influence on American cinema will never wane. Rest in peace, Marlon!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
:sad:

props to peachfuzz for beating lizchris. you are a true champion! :worship:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
rokkstarr said:
:sad:

props to peachfuzz for beating lizchris. you are a true champion! :worship:
:lol:

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
apoet29 said:
Stella! Stella! Those immortal words, plus that ripped shirt, forever immortalized Marlon Brando as one of our greatest American actors. He not only brought his incredible looks, but found pathos in his tough childhood to create indelible roles that continue to influence generation after generation of male actors. While Brando suffered in his later years from a variety of tragedies, his influence on American cinema will never wane. Rest in peace, Marlon!
Too bad Vivian Leigh ruined that movie with her overacting and phony Southern accent. I would have played Blanche DuBois as a feisty red-head who puts the "d" in "desire." I would have changed the ending, too, I would have run off with Stanley and I would have transformed him into a gentleman. I think we would run off to a commune in Vermont or something.

Stella would have ended up with Karl Malden. Those bores were made for each other.

Just thinking about it, Brando was really good! :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I can't believe he's gone!!!! :sad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts